The Rupashree Prakalpa Scheme was introduced by the West Bengali government to empower women in the region. Under this program, the government will give economically distressed families a one-time financial aid payment of Rs. 25,000 at the time of their daughters’ marriages. Read below to get detailed information related to the WB Rupashree Prakalpa Scheme like objectives, benefits, eligibility criteria, documents required, the application process, and much more
WB Rupashree Prakalpa Scheme 2023
The Rupashree Prakalpa Scheme would offer financial support once, at the time of their marriage. For this program, the West Bengal government has budgeted Rs. 1,500 crores. The scheme award will assist almost 6 lakh girls in the State who come from economically disadvantaged families. Any adolescent girl can fill out the Rupashree Prakalpa Application Form PDF Download, submit it, and receive benefits because the WB government has made the application forms available. This program will aid low-income families that have to live in melancholy because they have to borrow a significant sum of money at interest to pay for their daughters’ weddings. With a total investment of Rs. 1500 crore, this program assists almost 6 lakh girls from households with little financial means.
West Bengal Lakshmi Bhandar Scheme
West Bengal Rupashree Prakalpa Objective
The following are the main aims and objectives of the Rupashree Scheme:-
- To guarantee that females continue their education and postpone marriage until they are at least 18 years old.
- Help to do better in the social and economic areas.
- Encourage girls to pursue technical programs in their secondary or senior secondary school, or an equivalent.
- Reduce the likelihood of early pregnancy, the infant and maternal death rate, and health issues.
- Adolescent girls’ financial inclusion and empowerment
Rupashree Prakalpa Scheme’s Benefits
The advantages of the West Bengal government’s scheme are as follows:
- Give incentives to discourage child marriage
- Encourage parents to send their daughters to school.
- If a girl meets all the qualifications and applies for the program, she would receive Rs. 25,000 when she marries.
WB Rupashree Prakalpa Scheme Eligibility Criteria
Any West Bengali woman who proposes to get married will be eligible for this scheme if her application meets the requirements listed below:
- The candidate girl must reside in West Bengal.
- Her intended spouse must be at least 21 years old.
- The applicant must be at least 18 years old.
- The applicant’s annual family income cannot be more than Rs. 1.5 lakh.
- No minimum level of education is required.
West Bengal Marriage Registration
Rupashree Prakalpa Scheme Documents Required
The documents required for the scheme are as follows:
- Passport size photographs
- Birth certificate
- The details of the groom
- Residence Proof
- Proposed Marriage Proof
- Voter ID Card
- Aadhaar card
- Bank account details
Steps to Apply for Rupashree Prakalpa Scheme
To apply for scheme, applicants need to follow the below-given steps:
- First of all, visit the nearby Gram Panchayat, Municipal office, Block Development Officers (BDO) or SDO
- Get the scheme application form from the concerned officer
- The applicant can also download the application form online from the official website
- Now, fill in the form with all the required details
- After that, attach all the required documents
- Submit the application form to the office along with the required documents
- The receiving officer will verify the application form before returning it to the applicant with an acknowledgment sheet that has been properly signed and stamped.
- The approved sum will be transferred via IFMS to the applicant’s bank account. The money will be transferred at least five days before the intended wedding.
How to Check Rupashree Prakalpa Application Status
To check the Application Status of the scheme, applicants need to follow the below-given steps:
- First of all, go to the official website of the Rupashree Prakalpa Scheme.
- The homepage of the website will open on the screen
- Click on the Application Status option
- A new page will open on the screen
- Now enter the Applicant ID and the Applicant Year
- Finally, click on the Submit button to check the Application Status of the scheme