Startup India MAARG Portal Login & Registration, Benefits | How to Get or Apply As Mentor on maarg.startupindia.gov.in, Eligibility & Documents Required
Startup India MAARG Portal is a one-stop mentorship platform that enables mentorship for businesses across a range of industries, roles, stages, locations, and backgrounds. To register as a startup on the maarg.startupindia.gov.in, the National Mentorship Platform by Startup India, the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT), which is part of the Ministry of Commerce and Industry, has issued an application request. Read below to get detailed information related to the MAARG Portal like highlights, objectives, phases, benefits, features, find a mentor, and much more
About Startup India MAARG Portal 2023
Startup India is committed to igniting the startup culture and creating a robust and inclusive ecosystem for innovation and entrepreneurship in India to further strengthen the Indian startup ecosystem, which is now the third largest in the world. In this regard, the MAARG Portal, which stands for Mentorship, Advisory, Assistance, Resilience, and Growth, serves as a one-stop hub for entrepreneurs in a variety of industries, phases of development, and geographic locations. Startups can get individualized assistance on growth strategy, seek clarity, and get practical counsel by connecting with academics, industry experts, successful founders, seasoned investors, and others.
Startup India Seed Fund Scheme
|Portal Name||MAARG Portal|
|Introduced by||Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT)|
|Objective||strengthen the Indian startup ecosystem|
|Benefits||Mentorship for Startups|
MAARG Portal Objectives
The key objectives of the MAARG Portal are as follows:
- To offer mentoring, encouragement, and support to companies at all stages of their development
- To support effective and knowledgeable mentoring for startups and create a methodology focused on a result that enables fast tracking of the mentor-mentee engagements
- To create a formal, structured platform that scales intelligent pairings between mentors and startups in many industries.
Credit Guarantee Scheme for Startups
Startup India MAARG Portal Benefits
Some of the key benefits of the MAARG Portal are as follows:
- The startup can access a Mentorship, Advisory, Assistance, Resilience, and Growth portal with this single platform.
- Numerous requests for mentoring can be sent simultaneously to multiple mentors via the portal.
Startup India MAARG Portal Features
Some of the key features of the MAARG Portal are as follows:
- AI system to link startups and relevant mentors
- Enable platform-based video calls and communication.
- To maximize impact, keep track of mentor and startup interactions.
- Enable ecosystem components to host customized programs
- Easy-to-use UI for mobile devices
- Acceptance of mentor contributions and their advantages
Phases of MAARG Portal
Three steps will be used to implement the MAARG Portal.
- Phase I: Mentor Onboarding: 400+ professional mentors across sectors have been onboarded after a successful launch and execution.
- Phase II: Onboarding a Startup: The onboarding of companies on the MAARG Portal has begun by DPIIT on November 14, 2022.
- Phase III: Establishment of the MAARG Portal and Mentor Matching: Final launch where mentors and businesses will be matched Under Phase II; DPIIT has started the onboarding process for startups. Applications are invited at https://maarg.startupindia.gov.in from any interesting startups.
All year long, DPIIT-recognized entrepreneurs from all industries and phases of the startup lifecycle are eligible to submit applications for mentorship on the platform.
All DPIIT-recognized entrepreneurs from all industries and phases of the startup lifecycle are qualified to submit an application for mentorship on the platform at any time of the year.
DPIIT’s Startup Reorganization
To gain a variety of advantages from the Indian government, qualifying businesses can apply to the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) to be designated as startups.
Advantages of Mentoring for Startups
Some of the key benefits of MAARG mentorship are as follows:
- By utilizing the MAARG mentorship program, the startup can maintain and expand its business basics and make lifelong connections.
- Profit from the mentor’s extensive knowledge and networks
- Recognize the business’s weaknesses and obstacles and look for potential solutions.
- Access to individualized business setup and growth help from specialists.
- For specialized needs, enroll in particular cohort programs or master classes.
Steps to Find a Mentor
- First of all, register on the portal
- The MAARG Portal will use artificial intelligence to pair mentors with startups based on industry, stage, and functional competence after registration and publication of the profile.
- After that, the party may make a connection request to a selected mentor or startup, and the mentorship may begin as soon as the request is accepted.
- A Startup may be assigned more than one mentor and vice versa.
- Numerous requests for mentoring can be sent simultaneously to multiple mentors via the portal. A fresh set of mentors will be recommended and the request will be withdrawn if any mentor does not respond to the request within 15 working days.
- Interact with a mentor recommended for you or choose your mentors.
- Receive guidance to arrange meetings and objectives with each mentor at your speed.
- By submitting reports and feedback, you may control and monitor your mentoring experience.
- The mentorship must last for a set amount of time that is agreed upon between the mentor and the startup.
Mentoring Program Mode
Both formats for mentorship contacts are supported by the portal, and the parties can mutually decide on the format. The gateway allows for the automatic scheduling and tracking of virtual meetings. Using the portal, physical meetings may be organized, and after the meeting, details can be manually inputted.
The mentorship opportunities offered on the platform are free of charge.
Cohort-based Startup Program
The startup can enroll in a cohort program that caters to its unique requirements. The mentorship site will include a cohort-based program (CBP) in association with associates from the startup ecosystem. Partners will be able to organize cohort-based, short-term mentorship programs on the platform, including industry associations, accelerators, universities, incubators, and various startup networks (for unicorns, successful businesses, professionals, etc.). A call for submissions from pertinent, DPIIT-recognized startups may be issued by the program, and a cohort of startups may be chosen.