Advocate Appearance Portal has been released by the Hon’ble the Chief Justice of India, Dr. Justice Dhananjaya Y Chandrachud. This portal has been started for the Advocates. The portal has been started to make the registry work paperless. By the effect of 1st January 2023, the advocates will able to record the appearance in the record of the preceding by using this portal. If you desire to get more detailed information about the advocate appearance portal then you have to read this article very carefully. This article makes contains each and every piece of information related to the portal including its objectives, benefits, features, the procedure to use, and many more.
Table of Contents
About Advocate Appearance Portal
The portal is a step forward to word making the supreme court a paperless court. The announcement of the portal has been made on Friday 16 December 2022 by the Chief justice of India DY chandrachud. From 1st January 2023, the advocates will able to file their appearance slip by using this portal. Presently advocates write their names along with the details related to the case and more on a paper performa to mark their presence in the hearing. But in the coming year, the advocates will able to file their presence by using online methods. It is a great step ahead toward digitization. To grab more details read the further section.
Details Of Advocate Appearance Portal
|Name of the portal||Advocate Appearance Portal|
|Launched by||Chief justice of India DY chandrachud|
|Launched on||16 December 2022|
|Objective||making the supreme court paperless code|
|Benefits||advocates can fill their presence via online mode|
|Official website||update soon|
Objective Behind Starting The Portal
The current process of appearance submission to mark the presence of the advocates in the record of proceedings is cumbersome. Attendance sleep is submitted by the advocates directly in the code or through email on the day of the case listed and verification of the advocate on record is done through a manual process. Considering this view the authority has decided to make it digital and launch an advocate appearance portal. The main objective of Chief Justice of India DY Chandrachur behind announcing the portal is to make the supreme court of paperless court. Now the advocates will able to use the online method to submit their appearance on a preceding day.
Advocate Appearance Portal Benefits/ Features
- The first and foremost benefit of the advocate appearance portal is that now the advocates will able to submit their appearance slips by using online mode.
- It makes the supreme Court a paperless court
- This portal will bring speed accuracy and efficacy for recording the appearance of advocates in the record of preceding.
- The advocate on record will be able to access his appearance in the cause list of a particular day.
- Advocates will also be able to mention their appearance in the matter.
- This portal is user friendly
- It is an environment-friendly step
- It saves approximately 2 lakh paper per annum
- Honorable Chief justice of India Dr. Justice Dhananjay DYChandrachud has announced to start of the portal from 1 January 2023.
Procedure to Access Advocate Appearance Portal
Access to the portal is quite easy. To mark their appearance advocates, need to follow a few easy steps:
- First of all, visit the official website of the advocate appearance portal
- Now you have to log in with the portal
- You have to press the login option and a new page will open on the computer screen
- Here you have to provide the information as asked on the computer screen
- At the time of login verification of the AOR is to be done by the software through OTP
Note: The portal has not been started yet by the authorities. We will update the detailed process once the portal has been launched.