AP Free Tablet Scheme has been started by the Government of Andhra Pradesh. Under the scheme, school students who are studying in government schools will be benefited. The government is going to distribute tablets to students free of cost. This scheme will bring students close to digital technology and provide them with adequate knowledge. All the students who are studying in government schools in Andhra Pradesh may grab the opportunity. Andhra Pradesh Free Tablet Scheme related all information is available in this article, including its objective, benefits, eligibility criteria, and many more.
Table of Contents
AP Free Tablet Scheme 2024
For the welfare of the people of Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister YSR Jagan Mohan Reddy has started various initiatives. The Free tablet scheme is also an initiative of the Government of Andhra Pradesh for the welfare of students. All government school students who are studying in 8th standard will be benefited Beneficiaries will get tablets from the government without pay, completely free. The tablet contains e-study material in it. This scheme will make the students aware of the latest digital technology.
Details of Andhra Pradesh Free Tablet Scheme
|Name of the scheme||AP Free Tablet Scheme|
|Launched by||Chief Minister YSR Jagan Mohan Reddy|
|Objective||Provide quality education|
Tablet Distribution To 4.6 Lakh Students
On 14 December 2022, an announcement was made by the Chief Minister to distribute tablets to 4.6 lakh 8th standard students and 60000 teachers of Government schools in AP. The state government is going to spend rupees 668 crores to provide these tablets. It is said that the cost of a tablet is around 12000 rupees. The distribution program will be held on 21st December 2022 in which tablets and e-content will be made available to the students.
E-Content Filled Tablets will be Provided
In the recent announcement on 14th December 2022, the officials also said that the government is going to provide the tablets with e-content. To make good quality content available for students, the government has tied up with Byjus for technological support. Byjus is one of the leading online content providers for school students. Byjus will provide e-content for students which is available in both online and offline modes. To make the content available to the students the government is going to spend additional Rs. 778 crore. This will make it easy for students to understand and pursue their academics.
Objective Of AP Free Tablet Scheme
The motive of the Andhra Pradesh Government behind starting the AP free tablet scheme is to provide quality education to the students and make them aware of the latest technology. There are various students across the state who belongs to low-income group family. These students are not able to buy smartphones or tablets to enhance their knowledge. To support such students who are studying in Government schools the government is going to distribute free tablets and provide e-content in both online and offline modes.
AP Free Tablet Scheme Benefits
- AP free tablet scheme has been launched by the Andhra Pradesh government.
- This scheme is beneficial for the students.
- All 8th-class students studying in Government schools will get the tablet.
- Students need not pay for the tablet, it is free of cost.
- The tablet contains, already uploaded e-study material.
- E-content is also going to provide in both online and offline modes.
- This will enhance the knowledge of the students.
- Students will able to learn new things.
- This scheme will provide a new direction for the students for their future.
- Around 4.6 lakh students and 60000 teachers of Andhra Pradesh are going to benefit from the scheme.
- The government is going to spend approximately for 668 lakh rupees to distribute the tablet and 788 lakh to provide e-content.
- To provide e-content the government tied up with the one of leading organizations‘ Byjus’.
Eligibility Criteria for AP Free Tablet Scheme
All those students who meet the eligibility criteria mentioned below may apply for the scheme
- Appellants should be permanent residents of Andhra Pradesh.
- Applicant must be a student of a government school.
- Applicant must be starting in class 8.
Important Documents to Apply
- Aadhar card
- Resident proof
- Academic proof
- Passport size photograph
- Mobile number
AP Free Tablet Scheme Application Process
Till now there is no update related to the application process. It is assumed that there is no application process for the scheme. The government is going to distribute the tablet only to the students starting in Government schools themselves. If there is a process then we will update the information when released by the authorities.