Assam Inter Caste Marriage Scheme Application Form, Eligibility, Benefits, How to Apply Online for Assam Inter Caste Marriage Scheme 2023
Assam Inter Caste Marriage Scheme has been started by the Directorate of Welfare of Scheduled Castes, Department of Tribal Affairs (Plain), Government of Assam. Under this scheme, newly married inter cast couples will receive cash benefits from the government. If you are a resident of Assam and desire to know in detail about this initiative of the Government of Assam, then you are on the right page. Further in this article, you will get detailed information about Financial Incentive to Inter-Castes Marriage Scheme including eligibility criteria, the application process, benefits, and more.
Assam Inter Caste Marriage Scheme 2023
In our society, Casteism is an issue. A caste is placed over the other on the basis of social status and prestige. It divides the people into separate communities. It is based on graded inequality. Its main feature is the practice of endogamy. According to this marriage with a Girl/ Boy of another caste is prohibited. People don’t let their children or loved ones do inter-caste marriage. Castediscriminationis there which is a problem.
Keeping this in mind Assam Inter Caste Marriage Scheme has been started. It is a step forward taken by the Government of Assam to eliminate caste discrimination. The scheme will be called Financial Incentive to Inter-Castes Marriage. In this scheme, the government is going to provide monetary benefits to a married couple and their parents when marriage is taken place between general castes and scheduled castes.
Assam Inter Caste Marriage Scheme Overview
- Name of the scheme: Assam Inter Caste Marriage Scheme
- Launched by: Directorate of Welfare of Scheduled Castes
- Department: Department of Tribal Affairs (Plain), Government of Assam
- Launched for: newly married inter-caste couple
- Benefits: monetary
- Mode of application: online
- Official site: directorwsc.assam.gov.in
Objective of Inter Caste Marriage Scheme
The major motive of the Directorate of Welfare of Scheduled Castes, Department of Tribal Affairs (Plain), Government of Assam behind launching the Assam Inter Caste Marriage Yojana is to eliminate caste discrimination. Moreover, to appreciate the couple for such a socially bold step of inter-caste marriage. To do so the government of Assam is going to give financial incentives to the parents and married couples among whom inter-caste marriage has been taking place.
Assam Inter Caste Marriage Scheme Benefits
- The scheme has been started by the Government of Assam.
- This scheme is beneficial for newly married inter-caste couple& their parents.
- The main aim is to appreciate the socially bold step of an inter-caste marriage, taken by the newly married couple.
- Under this scheme the government is going to give Rs. 50000/- to each married couple.
- Marriage should be taken place between general caste and scheduled caste girl & boy.
- In a year 100 inter-caste married couples will be benefited.
- This scheme will spread the value of liberty equality, fraternity, etc’ in the society
- Marriage should be valid as per Indian law.
- No incentive will be given for second marriage
- The amount will directly be transferred to the bank account of the Bride/ Groom/ Joint Account of the couple through DBT Transfer.
- If you have submitted any false/ fabricated information to the competent authority then you will get punishment as per the law in force.
Eligibility Criteria for Assam Inter Caste Marriage Scheme
To grab the benefits, you must meet the eligibility conditions specified below
- Applicant should be a permanent resident of Assam
- Marriage should be taken place between general caste & scheduled caste couple
- Marriage should be valid as per the Indian law
- It should be your first marriage; no incentive will be given for the Second marriage or subsequent marriage.
- Caste certificate of husband & wife
- Proof of General caste of husband or wife
- Marriage certificate issued by the sub-Registra.
- Joint photo of the couple
- Bank account details of bride/ groom/ joint account of couple.
- Selection will be made by the selection committee
- The committee is headed by the DirectorofwelfareofSCAssam as Chairperson
- Dy.DirectorofwelfareofSCAssam will be the Member secretary.
- Other members of the committee will be the JointSecretarytotheGovt. ofAssamWPT&BCDeptt., Research Assistants, Progressive Assistance, and the Superintendent of the Directorate.
- Selection will be made on the basis of the fulfillment of all the eligibility criteria by the applicants.
Assam Inter Caste Marriage Scheme Online Application Procedure
Contenders have to look over the guidelines once before applying for the scheme. If you find yourself eligible then follow the step-by-step instructions given below to apply:
- To apply for the scheme, you have to rush to the official website of the Directorate of Welfare of Scheduled Castes, Department of Tribal Affairs (Plain), Government of Assam
- From the home page of the portal go to the how do I? section and choose more option
- A new page will open on the screen from where you have to choose to Apply for Financial Incentive for Inter-Caste Marriages
- A new page will open on the screen with the apply link
- Choose the link and follow the screen
- Fill the application form with the significant information like
- Name of bride
- Name of groom
- Date of birth
- Contact number
- Bank account details etc.
- Complete the application and attach the documents with the form
- Submit the application after careful review within 3 years of marriage.