The Bangla Krishi Sech Yojana was established by the West Bengal government to help farmers put up micro irrigation systems. Farmers will be able to grow their land with fewer water thanks to this plan. In places with less rainfall, the state government will give small and marginal farmers the assistance they need. Read below to check the detailed information related to West Bengal Bangala Krishi Sech Yojana like Highlights, Objectives, Features, Benefits, Eligibility Criteria, Application Procedures, and much more.
Table of Contents
Bangla Krishi Sech Yojana 2023
The Bangla Krishi Sech Yojana (BKSY) for West Bengal’s small and marginal farmers has been approved by the state’s government. The program will give state farmers financial support to install micro-irrigation systems on their properties. Micro-irrigation will enable farmers to grow their land with less water as a large portion of the state is experiencing a water shortage. The BKSY will support the production of crops, particularly fruits, and vegetables, using relatively little water as opposed to the traditional techniques of cultivation because the Jangalmahal, Purulia, and Bankura districts of West Bengal receive extremely little rain.
Details of WB Bangla Krishi Sech Yojana
|Scheme Name||Bangala Krishi Sech Yojana|
|Introduced by||Chief Minister of West Bengal, Mamata Banerjee|
|Managed by||West Bengal Agricultural Department|
West Bengal Bangla Krishi Sech Yojana Objectives
Some of the key objectives of the yojana are as follows:
- To assist farmers in their farming
- To ensure that crops are not harmed even when there is less rainfall
- To ensure that farmers can grow their land in the event of a water shortage
BKSY Scheme Features
Some of the key features of the yojana are as follows:
- A plan to give poor farmers in West Bengal access to free micro-irrigation systems
- Mamata Banerjee, the chief minister, has given her approval to the plan.
- The goal is to prevent the cultivation from being harmed by less rain or water.
- The state’s agricultural department has experimented with and advocated the following irrigation techniques: drip irrigation and sprinkler irrigation.
- Each acre of drip irrigation costs Rs. 70,000.
- Sprinkler irrigation costs Rs. 20,000 per acre.
- Drip/Sprinkler facilities will be offered free of charge as part of the program.
- The project has a budget of 35 crore rupees from the West Bengal government.
- To assist with the effort, the government will hire experts.
- Farmers will receive assistance from professionals in building up a micro-irrigation operation.
- Based on comments from farmers, the state government will compensate specialists for their assistance.
Benefits of Bangla Krishi Sech Yojana
Some of the key benefits of yojana are as follows:
- By offering free irrigation infrastructure in places with little rainfall, the program helps poor and marginal farmers improve their crop farming.
- The plan suggests using two types of irrigation methods (as already seen). Installing a drip irrigation system costs Rs. 70,000, whereas installing a sprinkle irrigation system costs Rs. 20,000.
- It involves installing a micro-irrigation system for farmers, which not only enables them to meet their water needs but also prevents water wastage.
- The State Government would be responsible for covering all of these costs.
- In addition to ensuring sufficient water supply to the farms for producing fruits and vegetables, the plan would also assure the cultivation of food crops.
- A 25 crore rupee budget has been set aside for the project.
Eligibility Criteria for Bangla Krishi Sech Yojana
The applicants applying for yojana must fulfill the following eligibility criteria:
- Only farmers are eligible for the program
- This scheme is only effective in West Bengal
- The program only applies to small and marginal farmers
Application Procedure for Bangla Krishi Sech Yojana
The Government of West Bengal has recently introduced this yojana. The government has not yet published the official website for this; however, the government will do so shortly. We will notify you through this article as soon as there is a fresh update regarding this plan.