J&K Ladli Beti Scheme Application Form 2023, Eligibility & Benefits | How to Apply Online for J&K Ladli Beti Scheme, Beneficiary List
Ladli Beti Scheme 2023 has begun to be implemented in Jammu and Kashmir by the Union government under the BJP. The administration believes that the yojana will not only safeguard the futures of female children but also lighten the load on parents. On jk.gov.in, an online application form for the J&K Ladli Beti Scheme can now be completed. This service enables the applicant to apply, verify its status, and follow its progression as it is forwarded online by the stakeholders to the next stage. The approved applications and letters will also be digitally signed and sent to the bank electronically. The government has given the scheme’s officers 45 days to finish determining the status of applications.
J&K Ladli Beti Scheme 2023
A social assistance program funded by the government of Jammu and Kashmir is intended for young girls born in the Union Territories of J&K and Ladakh on or after April 1, 2015. The plan’s goal is to stop the diminishing female sex ratio. The plan also aims to prevent the girl kid from being a financial burden on her parents or guardians when she gets married. The J&K Government has fully digitized this social assistance program to make sure that the Ladli Beti Scheme’s goal is met with transparency and reaches the greatest number of recipients. Up to the age of 14, beneficiaries receive Rs 1000 every month via DBT in their bank accounts. After turning 21, the beneficiaries receive an average sum of Rs 6.50 lakhs.
JK Ladli Beti Scheme Highlights
|Name||J&K Ladli Beti Scheme|
|Introduced by||Union government under the BJP|
|State||Jammu and Kashmir|
|Beneficiaries||A girl child born on or after April 1, 2015|
Jammu and Kashmir Ladli Beti Phases
The hybrid deposit plan’s two phases are as follows:
- Phase I: A 14-year recurrent deposit with a completion date that is one month after the final payment was received in the account
- Phase II: A seven-year cumulative term deposit (CCR)
J&K Ladli Beti Scheme Features
Some of the key features of the J&K Ladli Beti Scheme
- Under this plan, the girl child’s natural or legal guardian must open a recurring deposit account.
- From the moment the account is opened or the girl is born, the J&K government will contribute Rs. 1000 every month for the following 14 years. Only a total contribution of Rs. 168000 would be made by the UT.
- In Phase I, no credits other than the J&K Government’s monthly contribution of Rs. 1000/- shall be permitted (RD Account)
- Phase I (recurring deposit account) will mature, and the account will advance to Phase II (Cumulative Term Deposit account).
- The recipient of the program will get maturity benefits by crediting her female child’s savings account when she reaches the age of 21, 21 years after the first installment, or 85 months after the final installment, whichever comes first.
- No partial withdrawals or foreclosures will be permitted at any time, at any period.
- The scheme will not use the nomination facility. The account will be immediately closed in the terrible case of the girl child’s death, and the remaining balance, along with any interest earned, will revert to the Union Territories of J&K and Ladakh
- The girl child is free to reinvest the money in any bank deposit plan at card rates, though.
- The money in the recurring deposit account or term deposit account must be closed before maturity in the case of the beneficiary’s death before she reaches the age of 21 without incurring prepayment penalties.
- Before the relevant bank branch, every three years and at the time of maturity, the beneficiary, parent, or guardian of the beneficiary must present a “life certificate of the beneficiary (female child)” certified by a gazetted officer or by the principal of the school or college where she is enrolled.
- Even if the female kid whose name the account is in moves to a city or location other than the one where the account is, the account opened at that branch cannot be moved to any other branch.
- The TDS will not be deducted as long as the guardian or beneficiary provides form 15G/15H each year and has a valid PAN because the scheme is intended for households with yearly incomes of less than 75000/-
J&K Ladli Beti Scheme Eligibility Requirements
The eligibility criteria for J&K Ladli Beti Scheme are as follows:
- The program’s requirements state that only girls born on or after April 1, 2015, are eligible to participate. Any girl who was born before that date will not be allowed to register an account under the program
- The Child Development Project Officer, or CDPO, must approve all of the documents before they may be submitted by the interested parents. The papers can be approved by the Anantnag, Jammu, Budgam, Kathua, Samba, and Pulwama offices.
- Only parents who make less than Rs. 75,000 in a fiscal year would be eligible for the state government’s facility of registration under the program. So, it’s a step toward empowering the area’s impoverished and disadvantaged residents.
J&K Ladli Beti Scheme Documents Required
- Application Form
- KYC Norms of Parent/ Guardian
- Sanction letter from Child Development Project Officer
Steps to Apply for J&K Ladli Beti Scheme
Applicants need to follow the below-given steps to apply for J&K Ladli Beti Scheme
- First of all, go to the official website of Jammu and Kashmir official portal.
- The homepage of the website will open on the screen
- Under Go Live Services, click on the click here to Apply for Ladli Beti Scheme link
- The login page will open on the screen
- After that click on the Citizen Registration link
- The citizen registration form will open on the screen
- Now, fill in the form with all the required details
- Finally, submit the form to complete the process