Kashi Yatra Scheme Apply Online, Eligibility | Karnataka Kashi Yatra Subsidy Application Form, Benefits |
The opportunity to participate in the Kashi Yatra has long been reserved for spiritual and devout believers in God. Every year, hundreds of individuals attend this customary celebration. But the government has started a program for individuals who want to go but do not have any financial help. The main aim of the Karnataka Kashi Yatra Scheme is to receive financial assistance to attend this religious gathering.
Kashi Yatra Scheme Karnataka 2023
The Karnataka government gave its assent to the Kashi Yatra project, which offers cash support of Rs 5,000 to each of the 30,000 pilgrims ready to make the journey to the Kashi Vishwanath Temple in Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh. This scheme is meant for those who cannot afford to do so. Further information related to the scheme such as benefits, objectives, the application process, documents required, and other details is mentioned below in this article. To get the complete information, please kindly go through this article.
Bharat Gaurav Train to Start from August
The first Bharat Gaurav train for the Kashi Yatra Scheme will start in August. The train will start from Bangalore with stoppages at Ayodhya and Prayagraj and will finally reach Varanasi. The journey will cover 4161 kilometers in 7 days. Shashikala Jolle, the Religious Endowment, Haj, and Wakf Minister said on Monday that the train would start in the last week of August. She also said that an amount of rupees 15000 is fixed as the trip fare out of which the applicant has to pay only 10,000 as 5000 rupees will be Borne by the state government as a subsidy to the beneficiaries.
Karnataka Kashi Yatra Scheme Highlights
|Name of the scheme||Karnataka Kashi Yatra Scheme|
|Launched by||Karnataka government|
|Objective||To provide financial assistance|
|Beneficiaries||People of Karnataka|
|Official Website||Available Soon|
Features of the Karnataka Kashi Yatra Scheme
Following are the features of the scheme:
- ₹7 crores have been sanctioned for the scheme under the accounts head of ‘Assistance to Manasa Sarovara Pilgrims’.
- People who went on a pilgrimage between April 1 and June 30 and want to take advantage of the “Kashi Yatra” program must provide proof that they visited the Kashi Vishwanath Temple, such as a ticket for darshan, a spot on a waiting list, or a receipt for pooja, and submit it to the commissioner of the religious endowment department using the required form.
- The scheme will only be available to pilgrims participating in the government-sponsored “Kashi Yatra” once in their lifetime.
Eligibility Criteria for Scheme
Following are the eligibility criteria of the scheme:
- In order to be eligible for the benefit, a person must be a resident of Karnataka.
- Present identification showing their residency in the state such as a voter ID, Aadhaar card, or ration card.
- Candidates must be at least 18 years old and present proof of their age.
- Those who have received the subsidy before are not eligible as beneficiaries.
- Proof of beneficiaries’ domicile of origin in Karnataka – voter ID, Aadhaar card, or ration card.
- Age proof: Aadhaar card, voter ID, etc.
Karnataka Kashi Yatra Scheme Application Process
Applicants who want to fill out the form for Kashi Yatra Scheme can do it by going to their official website. However, the Karnataka government has not made the official website public yet. Once the government announces the website for the scheme, we will notify the same here.