Karnataka Kayaka Yojana:- A new program has been introduced by the Karnataka State Government for its citizens. The program is known as the Karnataka Kayaka Mitra Yojana. This program was started by Mr. H.D. Kumaraswamy, the chief minister of the state of Karnataka. With the aid of SHGs, this yojana primarily aims to increase skill development in the state of Karnataka (Self Help Groups). The Karnataka state chief minister has launched a zero-interest (or interest-free)/completely subsidized loan program under this program. This primarily refers to the state’s female Self-Help Groups (SHGs). The top state officials in Karnataka enable cooperative banks to lend SHGs up to Rs. 10 lakh. Read below to get detailed information related to the Karnataka Kayaka Scheme like highlights, objectives, features and benefits, eligibility criteria, the application process, and much more
Table of Contents
Karnataka Kayaka Yojana 2024
The Karnataka Kayaka Yojana is a program that aims to improve entrepreneurship, empower women, and develop their skills. The state government provides cash assistance to the women through the Kayaka Yojana program. She has a variety of options for investing the borrowed money. Under the kayaka yojana program, the state government begins to buy a variety of goods made by women’s organizations. As a result, the Karnataka government has started holding training camps to assist the women by teaching them how to advertise and prepare products. Additionally, the government makes sure that the marketing facility will be available for all prepared goods created by women.
Kayaka Loan Scheme Details in Highlights
|Kayaka Mitra Loan Scheme
|CM H.D Kumaraswamy
|Self-Help Groups Members
|Rs. 10 Lakh
|5 Lakh- 0% 10 Lakh- 4%
Karnataka Kayaka Yojana Objectives
Some of the key objectives of the yojana are as follows:
- Empowering women and self-help organizations
- To give women opportunities for empowerment through self-employment
- To offer financial support
- To encourage female businesses
- To improve SHGs
Karnataka Kayaka Yojana Benefits
Some of the key features and benefits of yojana are as follows:
- The Karnataka government’s main goal is to support women’s self-help organizations. These teams will work to increase the power of women. Members of SHGs will be able to improve their financial situation.
- Self-help organizations frequently struggle to acquire bank financing. The implementation of this plan will permanently resolve this problem. Cooperative banks will provide applicants with simple credit under this initiative.
- Self-help organizations will be able to obtain the funds via local cooperative banks, according to a statement from the state government.
- This program’s key benefit is that candidates won’t have to deal with the stress of excessive bank interest rates. According to a state announcement, applicants who are approved for loans under Rs. 5 lakh will not be required to pay interest. However, bank interest will be charged at 4% to debtors who have received credit between Rs. 5 lakh and Rs. 10 lakh.
- Self-help groups would be able to apply for credit amounts of as little as Rs. 1 lakh, according to the scheme draft’s provisions. The credit amount’s maximum is Rs. 10 lakhs.
- The state government will purchase the products made by the self-help group members. It will give the female candidates a reliable source of income.
- Up to 3000 self-help groups will be able to directly benefit from this program.
Eligibility Criteria for Karnataka Kayaka Yojana
The eligibility criteria for yojana are as follows:
- Before applying for the program, the individual must be eligible
- A permanent resident of the state of Karnataka may apply for this program
- The self-help groups members are eligible to apply for the program
- The aspirant must have a monthly household income of less than Rs. 20,000.
- This Yojana is open to Karnataka State SHGs that have been approved by a candidate.
Documents Required to Apply
The documents required for yojana are as follows:
- Applicant’s Passport size photograph and Signature
- Personal Government ID proof
- Self-Help Groups Membership Certificate
- Bank Account Details
- Applicant’s Resident Certificate
- Income Certificate
Steps to Apply for Karnataka Kayaka Yojana
- The state administration has already said that all interested parties and self-help organizations must register on the program’s official website. They won’t be able to get the digital registration form without it.
- When the web form opens, candidates must complete the necessary steps to apply for the loan.
- The state administration has not provided any additional information regarding the real enrollment plan. We will provide the necessary information on this website as these are released.
- Applicants will get the loan amount in their separate bank accounts after completing the initial registration process.