Karnataka Mathrushree Scheme 2023:- Pregnant ladies require the best care and nutrition possible. However, recent price increases have made it impossible for the poor to access the greatest healthcare and nutrition. Here, the newly elected state government of Karnataka unveiled a brand-new program known as Karnataka Matrushree Scheme that provides these expectant women with financial aid. By the end of this year, the Mathrushri Scheme will be put into effect. Read below to get detailed information related to the Karnataka Mathrushree Scheme like highlights, objectives, features, benefits, eligibility criteria, the application process, and much more
About Karnataka Mathrushree Scheme 2023
A new program will be introduced by the Karnataka State Government for the state’s expectant mothers. The program is known as the Karnataka Matrushree Scheme. The state government would give pregnant women financial help through DBT in the amount of Rs. 6000 through this Mathrupoorna Yojana. Mothers from Below Poverty Line (BPL) families intended to get pregnancy assistance through this Maternity Benefit Scheme. The pregnant woman will receive this payment at a rate of Rs. 1,000 per month for the three months preceding and following delivery.
Karnataka Mathrupoorna Yojana Details
|Scheme Name||Karnataka Mathrushree Scheme|
|Introduced By||CM HD Kumaraswamy|
|Target beneficiaries||Pregnant women from BPL families|
Mathrushree Scheme Objective
The Matru Poorna scheme’s goal is to increase maternal health because it directly affects women’s and children’s nutrition. The average price per meal under the program may be approximately Rs. 21. Pregnant women would receive a meal for 15 months, starting at the beginning of pregnancy and lasting until six months after birth. This program will reduce childhood malnutrition throughout the state. As part of the National Health Mission, the state government even introduced the Mathru Pushtivardhini Scheme, which provides micronutrients to expectant and nursing mothers who live in underdeveloped taluks (NHM). The state of Karnataka recently passed a budget that included provisions and funding for the Mathrushree scheme’s efficient execution. The government of Karnataka announced that the program would be expanded to include all 30 districts in the state.
Features of Karnataka Mathrushree Scheme
Some of the key features of the Karnataka Mathrushree Scheme are as follows:
- Assisting pregnant women is the major goal of this program. Due to a lack of resources, it might be difficult for pregnant women from low-income families to obtain proper nutrition. When this plan is put into place, people won’t have to worry about it.
- This unique reform for expectant mothers will be implemented throughout numerous phases.
- The state has set aside 350 crore rupees for the time being. The money will be used to the recipients’ advantage.
- As of right present, the state government has opted to keep this project going for another five years. However, it has also stated that this plan will undergo the required adjustments and advancements over the next few years.
- The state agency will deposit the grant money right into the applicant’s verified bank account.
Karnataka Mathrushree Scheme Benefits
Some of the key benefits of the Karnataka Mathrushree Scheme are as follows:
- As part of this program, expectant mothers will receive Rs. 6000 for the course of their pregnancy in equal installments. The first three payments are made during pregnancy, and the final three are made after delivery.
- Women who are pregnant for the first three months of their pregnancy are eligible to receive Rs. 1000 each month. After the baby is born, this term will be prolonged for an additional three months.
- It has been announced that the state authorities will take the appropriate steps over five years to boost the allowance amount under this initiative.
Eligibility Criteria for Mathrushree Scheme
The eligibility criteria for the Karnataka Mathrushree scheme are as follows:
- Only inhabitants of the state would be eligible to join in this project because the new Karnataka state government will be sponsoring its implementation.
- Only families who are identified as BPL and have official documentation to support their claims are eligible to apply for this program.
- The pregnant mother will not be eligible to receive the cash grant if she has two children. Only the first and second children will receive it.
Karnataka Arogya Sanjeevani Scheme
Documents Required to Apply
The documents required for the Karnataka Mathrushree scheme are as follows:
- Residential documents
- BPL certificate
- Aadhar card
- Pregnancy certificate
- Bank account details
Steps to Apply for Karnataka Mathrushree Scheme
To apply for Karnataka Mathrushree Scheme, applicants need to follow the below-given steps:
- Consult the AWC and ASHA/ANM staff members that are closest to you.
- They will help beneficiaries complete the scheme application form and submit it, along with the necessary paperwork for verification, to the supervisor or ANM.