Maharashtra CM Fellowship gives young people a chance to work in government. The administration has benefited from the fellows’ creative ideas. The administrative operations gain momentum thanks to the fellows’ zeal and tech knowledge. Through knowledge and experiences, the program has assisted the young fellows in extending their perspectives. More information related to the Chief Minister Fellowship Maharashtra 2023 such as eligibility, features, login & registration processes are mentioned below.
Table of Contents
Maharashtra CM Fellowship 2023
The then-chief minister of Maharashtra and current deputy chief minister, Hon. Shri. Devendra Fadnavis, introduced the Chief Minister Fellowship Program in 2015. Program implementation lasted until 2020. In 2023, Hon’ble Chief Minister Shri Eknath Shinde will relaunch the scheme. The Chief Minister Fellowship Program is a significant project of the Maharashtra government. The Chief Minister Fellowship Program gives young people a chance to work in government. The administration benefits from the fellows’ original ideas. The administrative operations gain momentum thanks to the fellows’ zeal and tech knowledge. Through knowledge and experiences, the program aids the young fellows in extending their perspectives.
Maharashtra Chief Minister Fellowship Details
|Name of the scheme
|Maharashtra CM Fellowship
|The then Chief Minister and the current Deputy Chief Minister of Maharashtra
|Duration of the scheme
- Application starting date – 7th February 2023
- Application last date – 2nd March 2023
The following requirements must be met to be eligible to apply for the Chief Minister Fellowship in 2023:
- As of the deadline for application submission, the candidate’s age must fall between 21 and 26 years old. Those are people whose birthdays range from March 3, 1997, through March 3, 2002. (inclusive of both dates).
- The applicant must have earned a graduate degree in any field with at least a 60% average. However, those with better education credentials will be given preference.
- The applicant should have at least a year of prior full-time employment. Experience includes any full-time internships, apprenticeships, or article ships completed as a requirement for a professional degree. Self-employment or entrepreneurship on a full-time basis will also count as experience.
- The applicant must be able to read, write, and speak Marathi. English and Hindi language proficiency are necessary. Candidates should be comfortable using computers and the internet.
Features of Maharashtra CM Fellowship
- The Fellowship will have a 12-month term starting on the day you join as a Fellow. On the same day, all of the Fellows will join. Each and every fellow must be present at the designated time and location.
- The chosen Fellow will be appointed to a particular authority’s office. The positions of District Collectors, Chief Executive Officers of Districts, Commissioners, Government Secretaries, Managing Directors of Corporations, and other Senior Government Officers are among these authorities.
- The Directorate of Economics and Statistics will decide whether to nominate someone to a particular authority. The selection of the rules will not be subject to the Fellows’ rights or preferences.
- The Chief Officer of the relevant Authority shall supervise the Fellows’ work. They will contribute to the authority’s efficient operation. This will be called Field Work.
- The Fellows must finish the particular course created by IIT, Mumbai or IIM, Nagpur in addition to the fieldwork. The right to choose one of these institutions for each fellow will belong to the Directorate of Economics and Statistics. The academic institution will not be open to selection by the fellows.
- Only fellows who successfully complete the academic course and fieldwork will be able to receive the certificate certifying that their fellowship has been completed.
Different Phases of Selection Procedure
There are two parts to the selection procedure. All applicants must pass a stage one online objective test to advance to the second round.
210 individuals who received the best scores in the online test advance to the next round. These candidates must submit three essays on the predetermined topics. Personal interviews with applicants who submitted essays are undertaken as part of the final selection process. Merit-based selection is used to choose 60 candidates.
Under the tab “Selection Process” of this webpage, it is indicated how the online exam will be made up and how much weight will be given to the online test, essays, and interviews for the final selection.
Required Documents to Apply
- Marksheets of Std. 10th, 12th, Diploma, Graduation Degree, postgraduate degree, Professional Course, etc.
- Experience Letters
- Scanned Photo and Signature
- Address proof
Steps to Apply for Maharashtra CM Fellowship 2023
Applicants who are eligible for Maharashtra CM Fellowship can sign in by following the steps below:
- First of all, go to the Maharashtra CM Fellowship official website.
- On the home screen, click on the Apply Online option.
- A new page will open on the screen.
- Click on the Proceed to Create Account option.
- A new page will be displayed.
- Tick-mark the declaration and click on the create account option.
- Enter your name date of birth and other details in the application form.
- After that click on the sign up option.
- Now after successful registration, go to the sign in option
- And login with your details.
- Enter the details correctly in the application form and click on the submit option.
- In this way, you can apply for the fellowship program
Do Individuals Need to Submit the Original Paperwork with the Application?
When applying, the original documents are not necessary. The application form must be filled up with the information from these documents. On the day of the interview, the original documentation of the candidates chosen for the interview is checked. Any mismatch between the stated facts and the original documents may result in the candidate being disqualified or having to face legal action.
To Whom will Applicant Report as a Fellow?
Senior government officials will supervise fellows personally and act as mentors. The fellows will communicate with these officials frequently and give them updates on their duties.
Fellows are required to turn in a monthly report to the Directorate of Economics and Statistics as well as their mentors. Every three months, the Fellows’ performance will be assessed by the Director of the Directorate of Economics and Statistics. The tasks of the fellows will also be reviewed by the honourable chief minister and deputy chief minister twice a year.
Nature of Work / Assignments undertaken by Fellows
Every fellow has a particular type of work. The placement and the demands of the office or officer with whom they are assigned will determine this. The fellows might support ongoing program implementation, design and carry out initiatives or projects, monitor projects, look over current government programs, make policies, etc. Depending on the type of work, the fellows may work on a single project for the duration of the fellowship or be involved in several initiatives. In the past, the fellows assigned to various authorities worked together and offered the government with creative projects and policy ideas in addition to their usual tasks.
Training Programmes Provided for Fellows
We worked along with IIT Mumbai and IIM Nagpur this year. Each of these organizations will train 50% of their colleagues in the techniques and tools needed to create sound public policy. Online and on-campus modules will be available for these training programs. To receive the fellowship completion certificate, all fellows must participate in the training program and successfully finish it. The specifics of these training courses will be disclosed when it is appropriate. In addition to these programs, there will be organized contacts with notable people, visits to different organizations, etc. These encounters and conversations are fantastic sources of knowledge. The work that fellows will be doing during their placement doesn’t require any special training.
The reason for this is that each fellow’s work profile varies according to their placement, the authority’s requirements, and their skill set. It is expected that fellows will pick up skills while working. The mentoring officers will lead the fellows.
Future Employment Possibilities for Fellows
Working with a significant and enormous entity like the government is a highly uncommon and special experience. The fellowship program helps participants improve their management, communication, problem-solving, and other skills. To fellows, this experience offers a variety of academic and professional options. Among the possibilities are careers in the civil service, public policy, policymaking, management, consulting, and the social sector.
- EMAIL ID: CMFELLOWSHIP-MAH@GOV.IN /
- HELPLINE NUMBER: 8411960005
The Chief Minister Fellowship, 2023, will last for 12 months.
On February 7th, 2023, the application period for the Chief Minister Fellowship, 2023 will open. The application must be submitted by Tuesday, March 2, 2023.
The Chief Minister Fellowship application fee is Rs. 500.