Odisha Balaram Yojana:- The BALARAM program is just another initiative by the Orrisa government that targets the state’s farmers. It is the second program the state government of Odisha has introduced for the welfare of the farming community after the Kalia Yojana. This time, Mr. Naveen Pattanaik, the chief minister of Odisha, has mostly focused on funding sharecroppers and farmers without a share of the land. They make up around 62% of the rural labor in Odisha. Read below to check the detailed information related to Odisha Balaram Yojana like Highlights, Objectives, Features, Benefits, Eligibility Criteria, Required Documents, Steps to Apply, and much more.
Table of Contents
Odisha Balaram Yojana 2023
The Odisha government has proposed the Odisha Balaram Yojana 2023 to give landless rankers who are currently jobless due to coronavirus cases rural loans of Rs 1,040 crore. The program will provide benefits to about 7 lakh landless farmers over the course of the following seven years. Asit Kumar Tripathi, the chief secretary, has instructed the staff to use Joint Liability Meetings (JLG) to provide agricultural loans to landless farms. The plan will be put into action at the state level by IMAGE. Regional plans will be made by the Agricultural Technology Management Agency (ATMA). According to Saurabh Garg, the secretary for horticulture, the Landless Defenders will receive credit through JLG in the form of social insurance.
Details of Balaram Scheme Odisha
|Name||Odisha Balaram Yojana|
|Initiated By||Government of Odisha|
|Beneficiaries||Odisha State Farmersf|
|Objective||Odisha State Farmers|
Odisha Balaram Yojana Objective
Some of the key objectives of Odisha Balaram Yojana are as follows:
- To decrease the financial burden that landless farmers and sharecroppers have on moneylenders thereby decreasing these unauthorized informal credit sources.
- To assist those farmers who were unable to take advantage of government programs due to a shortage of available land.
- To open doors for the migrant farmers who need land
Benefits of Odisha Balaram Yojana
Some of the key benefits of the Odisha Balaram Yojana are as follows:
- The key benefit of the strategy is that it will provide advantages to almost 7 lakh landless growers over the course of the next two years
- For the advantage of the farmers, there are over 7000 pieces of various banks and PACS in rural and semi-urban areas
- The National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD), with whom the plan was designed as a team
- At the state and area levels, respectively, the Institute on Management of Agricultural Extension (IMAGE) and the Agricultural Technology Management Agency (ATMA) will serve as the nodal organisations for the plan’s execution.
Features of Balaram Scheme Odisha
Some of the key features of the Odisha Balaram Yojana are as follows:
- About 7 lakh farmers in the state will receive benefits connected to credit under the scheme, which will apply to both rural and urban areas.
- The goal of this strategy is to increase institution-based lending according to the “SAMRUDHI” model of the Odisha government.
- The system combines the lending resources of numerous institutions.
- These loans’ interest rates will be in accordance with the standards established by the Reserve Bank of India.
- The plan is centred on funding the JLGs. resulting in cheaper interest rates for group loans.
- Based on the farmer’s CIBIL (Credit Information Bureau of India, ltd.) Score, the loan eligibility would be determined.
- The Krushak Sathis at the village level will serve as the scheme’s motivators and help farmers with the entire documentation procedure.
- Each farmer will get a Certificate of Cultivation (COC) upon the conclusion of field verification by the relevant VAWs/AO.
- Krushak Sathis will have access to all of the databases containing data on landless farmers.
Odisha Balaram Yojana Implementation
Loan help is offered through Joint Liability Meetings (JLI), according to a formal meeting called by Chief Secretary of State AK Tripathi. Agricultural Technology Management Agency (ATMA) has been assigned the implementation and system at the district and rural levels, while IMAGE has the implementation and system at the state level. According to Mr. Saurabh Garg, the Horticulture Secretary, “Balaram Yojana 2023” would be coordinated by IMAGE and ATMA.
The “JLM” will grant credit to the recipients. However, more than 7000 branches of different banks and agricultural cooperatives in rural and small towns have coordinated the scheme’s execution. In order for 70,000 organizations to be able to take advantage of agricultural loans under the scheme, it intends to offer loans to at least 10 Joint Liability organizations (JLGS). The National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) helped to develop the plan.
Eligibility Criteria for Odisha Balaram Yojana
The applicants applying for Odisha Balaram Yojana must fulfill the following eligibility criteria:
- Only farmers who work as farmers may apply to use the program.
- Only permanent residents of the state of Odisha may benefit from the program
- A farmer cannot be a landowner.
Required Documents to Apply
Some of the key documents required for the Odisha Balaram Yojana are as follows:
- Passport size photograph
- Aadhar Card
- Residential certificate
- identity card
- Age proof
Steps to Apply for Odisha Balaram Yojana
To Apply for Odisha Balaram Yojana, the user needs to follow the below given steps:
- First of all, go to the official website of the Odisha Balaram Yojana i.e., https://odisha.gov.in/
- The homepage of the website will open on the screen
- Click on the Apply Online link
- Once you will click on the link, an application form will open on the screen
- Now, fill in the form with all the required details like Name, Email ID, Mobile Number, Address, etc
- After that upload all the required documents
- Finally, click on the Submit button to complete the application process