PTP-NER Scheme:- At a solemn event held in the auditorium of the Manipur State Film Development Society on April 18, Union Minister of Tribal Affairs Arjun Munda introduced the “Marketing and Logistics Development for Promotion of Tribal Products from North-Eastern Region (PTP-NER)” program in the presence of Chief Minister N Biren Singh for the benefit of tribal craftsmen. The goal of this plan is to raise the living standards of the tribal artisans by supporting logistics and marketing. Read below to check the detailed information related to PTP-NER Scheme like Highlights, Objectives, Features & Benefits, Eligibility Criteria, Steps to Apply, and much more
Table of Contents
About PTP-NER Scheme 2024
PTP-NER Scheme, or Promotion of Tribal Products from North-Eastern Region, is its full name. The Manipuri government launched this program to help the indigenous craftspeople. Under this plan, logistical and marketing assistance will be given to tribal artists so they can sell their wares on the open market and improve them over time. Tribal Artisan Fairs (TAMs) will be held in April and May of 2024 as part of marketing and logistical development for the promotion of tribal products. Through these fairs, tribal craftsmen will receive assistance with logistics and marketing for them to increase their income.
PTP-NER Scheme Details in Highlights
|Scheme Name||Promotion of Tribal Products from North-Eastern Region (PTP-NER) Scheme|
|Initiated by||Union Minister Arjun Munda|
|Beneficiary||North Eastern Region Tribal Artisans|
|Assistance||Supporting the tribal artisans with logistics and marketing|
|Application Process||Online as well as Offline|
PTP-NER Scheme Objective
Through improved efficiency in the procurement, logistics, and marketing of tribal items from North Eastern states, the program seeks to improve the prospects for tribal artisans to support their livelihoods.
Features and Benefits of PTP-NER Scheme
Some of the key features and benefits of the scheme are as follows:
- The Union Government, which is run by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, has been implementing programs to improve the livelihood of tribal people living all over the nation and to empower them.
- The Government of India’s Central Sector Scheme entirely funds the PTP-NER program
- To promote tribal products from the Northeast, the PTP-NER program has just begun
- Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Tripura, and Sikkim are the states to whom the program will be applicable.
- A budget of around Rs 143 crores has been set aside for the implementation of this scheme.
- This plan will make it easier for tribal products to reach new markets and will help their national and international marketing efforts through logistical and marketing support.
States Applicable for PTP-NER Scheme
The states that will be applicable for the scheme are as follows:
- Arunachal Pradesh
Eligibility Criteria for PTP-NER Scheme
The applicants applying for the scheme must fulfill the following eligibility criteria:
- The tribal artists who create the products would benefit from this arrangement.
- By planning fairs, tribal artists will get advantages.
Steps to Apply for the PTP-NER Scheme
To apply for the scheme, the user needs to follow the below-given steps:
- First of all, visit the TRIFED office
- Now, get the application form from the TRIFED concerned officials
- Now, fill in the form with all the required details
- After that, attach all the required documents with the form
- Finally, submit the form to the TRIFED concerned officials
Steps to Login on the Portal
To login into the portal, the user needs to follow the below-given steps:
- First of all, go to the official website of Tribes India i.e., https://www.tribesindia.com/
- The homepage of the website will open on the screen
- Click on the Login button
- The login page will open on the screen
- Now, enter the user name, password
- After that, click on the Login button to get logged in to your registered account
For further details or in case of any query or complaint related to the scheme, feel free to contact at the below-given number:
Helpline Number: +91-995-8453-908