Telangana Kanti Velugu Scheme Application Form 2023, How to Apply for Kanti Velugu Scheme in Telangana, Know Benefits & Eligibility
On Thursday, Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao announced the start date for the next phase of the “Kanti Velugu” eye screening program, which would begin on January 18, 2023, to eliminate preventable blindness. CM KCR attended a review meeting at Pragati Bhavan to discuss several concerns, including new specialized hospitals and health facilities. The prior initiative was a great success and assisted a lot of people, particularly the elderly in rural areas. Citizens’ eyes will be screened as part of the Telangana Kanti Velugu Scheme to address refractive errors, cataracts, and other conditions. Read below to get detailed information related to the Kanti Velugu Scheme like highlights, objectives, features, benefits, eligibility criteria, documents required, eye camps, and much more
Telangana Kanti Velugu Scheme 2023
The Telangana government has introduced the Kanti Velugu Scheme 2022 to provide people with free eye exams. 3.50 crore persons would benefit from this Free Eye Check-up Scheme, a significant first-of-its-kind effort in the nation. To treat issues like cataracts, refractive error, and other eye diseases, the major goal is to provide universal eye screening exams. The data relevant to the patient’s eye health will be connected to their Adhaar cards in a database built for this eye testing program. The distribution of eyeglasses and procedures to address eye diseases are also included in this plan. In 2018, the state carried out the program and staged camps in each hamlet where free eyeglasses were given to those in need.
Key Highlights of Kanti Velugu Scheme in Telangana
|Name||Kanti Velugu Scheme|
|Introduced by||Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao|
|Kanti Velugu’s eye screening starts on||January 18, 2023,|
|Beneficiaries||Citizens of Telangana|
|Objective||To provide a free eye check-up program|
|Benefits||spectacles and surgeries for treating eye problems|
Telangana Kanti Velugu Scheme Objective
The Kanti Velugu Scheme 2022 was started by the Telangana government to eliminate avoidable blindness. The government will conduct a universal eye screening of residents as part of its free complete eye check-up program to correct refractive errors, cataracts, and other conditions. Additionally, as part of the Light for Eyes Program, the relevant authorities will build a database of citizen eye health profiles connected to Aadhaar numbers. 3.50 crore residents would receive all services completely free of charge.
Features of Telangana Kanti Velugu Scheme
Some of the key features of the Kanti Velugu Scheme are as follows:
- The start of the program is intended to inform people about eye-related issues and encourage them to get their eyes checked to prevent any significant issues in the future.
- The program’s beneficiaries are Telangana’s 3.50 crore citizens.
- The program will provide surgical options for conditions like cataracts, glaucoma, retinopathy, and corneal issues.
- The primary advantages of the program’s debut are the free eye examination service, the free eyewear, and the provision for procedures.
- All state citizens will be eligible for the benefit under the program, regardless of their social or economic circumstances.
Telangana Kanti Velugu Scheme Benefits
Some of the key benefits of the Kanti Velugu Scheme are as follows:
- To administer comprehensive vision and eye exams to all state residents
- Eye camps will be run by medical professionals and the team will be under the supervision of medical officials, pharmacists, optometrists, ASHA employees, and a data input operator.
- If there are refractive errors, free glasses will be given
- In the event of a cataract, glaucoma, retinal disease, or corneal disorder, surgery will be scheduled
- Medicines will be free of charge for eye infections and vitamin A insufficiency
- Each team will receive a van with all the necessary supplies and equipment to operate on and examine the patients. From the car, devices and other services will be available.
- The gram panchayats would organize camps according to PHC in rural regions. However, in the urban and GHMC zones, it will be done ward by ward.
- Each person’s eye examination information will be electronically captured and connected to their Adhaar card. This will assist in providing post-operative care and complimentary eyewear to the patient.
Kanti Velugu Scheme Statistics
|Number of benefitted beneficiaries till December 2020||38 lakh beneficiaries|
|Beneficiaries are given reading glasses||23,43,642 individuals|
|Number of people in primary care||50 lakhs|
|Number of glasses to be given||41, 05, 808|
|Total No. of tertiary care patients||14, 283|
|People to be offered secondary care||3, 31, 178|
|Scheme Budget||106.84 crores among which the state will give rupees 84 crores and the rest will be given by National Health Mission|
Telangana Kanti Velugu Scheme Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for Kanti Velugu Scheme are as follows:
- Since the program will be offered in Telangana, only residents of that state may apply to get its benefits.
- Citizens who want to sign up for the program should bring any relevant medical records for an eye exam.
Kanti Velugu Scheme Documents Required
The documents required for Kanti Velugu Scheme are as follows:
- Valid Identity proof like an Adhaar card, ration card, voter ID card
- Address proof
- Medical reports
Steps to Apply for Telangana Kanti Velugu Scheme
The method for registering for the scheme has not yet been announced by state authorities because it has not yet been launched. The program’s recipients will be the first to learn about it. They must do this by keeping an eye on the entrance for the plan. The candidates will then learn how to register and take advantage of the free eye examination services.
Kanti Velugu Program Eye Camps
To recognize and treat eye diseases, numerous Eye Camps will be held around the state. The following are significant amenities and advantages offered to residents at these eye camps through the Kanti Velugu Scheme:-
- Eye Camps will be run by medical teams. A Medical Officer, 2-3 MPHS (Male & Female), 1-2 Optometrists, a Pharmacist, 2-3 ASHA Workers, and 1 Data Entry Operator will make up each medical team.
- Each crew will have a full-time vehicle, as well as the tools, supplies, and medicines they need to do their duties.
- There will be camps set up in rural areas. PHC-Wise in all rural gram panchayats. Camps will be organized in GHMC and other urban areas in a ward-by-ward manner.
- Each person who walks in for treatment will have their data electronically recorded on a piece of software. This will guarantee proper tracking of post-operative care and eyewear distribution.
Kanti Velugu Scheme’s Development in Telangana
In 2018–19, the Kanti Velugu scheme provided reading and prescription glasses to almost 2, 96,402 lakh beneficiaries in the Rangareddy district alone. Rangareddy received the most benefits from the program overall, followed by Hyderabad with roughly 2,48,880 recipients. The information was made public through an RTI request made by the Society for Safety of Public and Good Governance, an advocacy group. Overall, 23, 43,642 people profited from the program’s distribution of reading glasses. Beneficiaries who received prescription eyewear totaled 14,95,972 individuals. According to the RTI, 196.79 crores of the total cash allotted for the campaign strategy was spent within a year of its deployment.