The Telangana government is starting a new program called the Telangana Nethanna Bima Scheme 2023 to assist the state’s residents. This scheme was introduced by the Telangana Minister of Municipal Administration and Urban Development on August 7 in honor of National Handloom Day. As the Handloom Weavers Scheme continually modifies the insurance coverage for handloom weavers, this program is being introduced to benefit them.
The government will cover the cost of the insurance premium under this scheme. If the insured individual passes away while the insurance is active as a result of an illness or accident. The insurance would reimburse the nominee or the family for up to 5 lakh rupees. Money is sent to the nominee of some insurance policies slowly. However, under this arrangement, the nominee will receive the Rs 5 lakh just ten days after the beneficiary passes away. Read below to get detailed information related to the Telangana Nethanna Bima Scheme like benefits, features, eligibility criteria, and much more
Telangana Nethanna Bima Scheme 2023
The nodal agency’s Handloom and Textile Department is in charge of this program and will take care of all the requirements. For this program, the government has put aside 50 crore rupees, of which 25 crores, or 50%, have already been distributed. Telangana Nethanna Bima Scheme 2023 project, which is comparable to the Rythu Bhima scheme, will be implemented as part of this by the state government. The families of weavers will benefit from having stable finances. Since Telangana is recognized for its handloom industry, this insurance program includes protection for around 80,000 handloom weavers.
Through two additional programs, the Chenetha Mitra scheme and the Nethanna Ku Cheyutha, the state government also assists handloom weavers. The state government provides a 40% subsidy to handloom employees under one strategy. Under a different plan, the state provides handloom employees with a 16 percent financial aid deposit as a governmental contribution to the 8 percent thrift savings made by cooperative sector workers. But only Handloom Weavers who are enrolled in these programs can benefit from them. Click to Check ” TS Aasara Pension Status “
Telangana Nethanna Bima Overview
|Name of the Scheme||Telangana Nethanna Bima Scheme 2023|
|Introduced By||Telangana Municipal Administration and Urban Development Minister|
|Beneficiaries||Family members of handloom weavers|
|Objective||To enhance the State’s handloom weavers’ current insurance coverage|
|Benefits||making a payment of up to Rs. 5 lakhs within ten days of the beneficiary’s death|
Nethanna Bima Scheme Objective
Telangana Nethanna Bima’s major goal is to increase the insurance coverage available to all of the state’s handloom weavers. The state’s goal is to enhance the happiness and comfort of handloom weavers’ lives. As we move forward on this path, the Telangana government periodically launches several welfare programs to improve the lives of handloom weavers and enable them to prosper. In addition, the government has already dispersed a financial aid amount through the Telangana Nethanna Bima Scheme. Since 2016, the Telangana government has contributed Rs 1200 crore annually to the handloom and textile industry.
Telangana Nethanna Bima Scheme Benefits
Some of the main benefits of the Telangana Nethanna Bima Scheme are as follows:
- All handloom weavers in the state between the ages of 18 and 59 would receive benefits from Telangana Nethanna Bima, which will help them improve their economic situation.
- Within 10 days of the beneficiary’s passing, the Telangana Nethanna Bima Scheme is funded by the state government and reimbursed to the insurance policy amount.
- The family members of the weaver or insurance participant would receive a retroactive payment of up to Rs. 5 lakhs under this program.
- Aside from that, the committees will take part in it both at the state and district levels, and they will contribute to it in a way that will assist the scheme to run smoothly and be successful.
Nethanna Bima Features
Some of the key features of the Telangana Nethanna Bima Scheme are as follows:
- The Telangana Chief Minister, Mr. K Chandrashekhar Rao, established the Nethanna Bima Scheme as a health insurance program.
- The insurance program will help over 80,000 weavers’ families.
- Weavers that use handlooms or power looms only are eligible for this program.
- The government will execute the Nethanna Bima scheme in conjunction with the Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC).
- Under this program, the state government would offer weavers’ families an insurance policy worth Rs 5 lakh in the event of a tragic death.
- On behalf of the beneficiary, the government will pay an annual premium to the LIC.
Telangana Nethanna Bima Eligibility Criteria
The Eligibility Criteria for the scheme are as follows:
- To apply, you must be either a citizen or a resident of Telangana.
- The program is not available to applicants from other states; thus, they are unable to join.
- Only weavers who are adults and between the ages of 18 and 59 are qualified to apply for this program.
- The candidate must have prior participation in the Rythu Bima Insurance Scheme.
The below-given documents are required to apply for the Telangana Nethanna Bima Scheme
- Aadhar card
- Identity card
- Mobile number
- Address proof of the applicant
- Email ID
- Documentation formally submitted to the Department of Handloom and Textile Production.
- The government has started the following flagship programs to give money to weavers and the weaving industry:
- Scheme of Chenetha Mithra.
- Cheyutha Nethannaku.
- Plan for Pavala Vaddi.
- The state government has established state- and district-level committees to oversee and ensure the correct implementation of this plan.
Telangana Nethanna Bima 2023 Registration Process
The Telangana government launched the Nethanna Bima Yojana on August 24, 2022. The Nethanna Insurance Coverage Scheme application process has not yet been made public by the Telangana government. We’ll let you know as soon as there is any kind of application process update from the administration.