AP Stamps & Registration:- You must pay stamp duty and register AP Stamps & Registration deed data with the AP land registration and property department when buying immovable property in Andhra Pradesh. Within six months of the completion of the deed, Section 17 of the Indian Registration Act of 1908 mandates the registration of AP Stamps & Registration deed data. Transfer taxes must be paid when registering property and obtaining IGRS AP deed information, by the AP Gram Panchayats Act of 1964 and the Andhra Pradesh Municipalities Act of 1965. All the details about stamps and registration in Andhra Pradesh will be covered in this article.
Table of Contents
AP Stamps & Registration
In Andhra Pradesh, purchasing any type of property necessitates the payment of the requisite stamp duty as well as the registration of the purchase, as is the case in every other state. All transactions and processes involving stamp duty in the state of Andhra Pradesh are under the supervision and control of the Andhra Pradesh Property and Land Registration Department. Both the buyer and the seller must go to the sub-office registrars in the neighborhood where the property is located once the transaction is complete to record the transaction with two other witnesses. The AP Property and Land Registry Office provides several other online services in addition to receiving payments for stamp duty in the state of Andhra Pradesh.
Any property located inside the district may be registered by the new state government standards. This means that a buyer of real estate in Andhra Pradesh can register documents and pay the necessary stamp duty by going to the SRO that is closest to his home or place of business. Additionally, AP stamps and deed registration require two witnesses. Every day, AP Stamps and Registration registers 5,000–6,000 properties. Every year, 17 to 18 million AP homes and pieces of land are registered.
AP Stamps and Registration Charges
|Agreement of sale-cum-general power of attorney||Rs 2,000|
|Development agreement cum general power of attorney||0.5% (max. at Rs 20,000)|
|Power of attorney to sell / construct / develop / transfer immovable property||0.5% (minimum Rs 1,000, max .at Rs 20,000)|
|Lease deed/ Rental Agreement||0.1%|
IGRS AP Deed Details: Stamp Duty Charges
|Type of transaction||Stamp duty charges|
|Sale of immovable property||5%|
|Agreement of sale||5%|
|Agreement of sale-cum-GPA||6%|
|Lease agreements of less than 10 years||0.4%|
|Lease agreements of more than 10 years but less than 20 years||0.6%|
AP Stamps and Registration: Types of Conveyance Deeds
|Purpose||Type of Conveyance Deed|
|Inheritance||Entries in revenue records and predecessor’s title|
|Partition||Deed of Partition|
|Mulegeni||Deed of Mulgeni or permanent lease|
Exemption for AP Stamps and Registration Fees
If the land being registered is going to be utilized for creating solar installations, Andhra Pradesh residents can benefit from a reduction in AP stamps and registration fees.
Online Platform for AP Stamps & Registration
The website registration.ap.gov.in provides details on AP stamps and registration deeds. Everyone interested must go to the provided website.
The buyer, seller, and two witnesses must appear in person at the sub-office registrar’s office where the property is located for land or property registration, which may be partially completed online by submitting AP land registration papers online or AP property registration documents online.
Online services from the AP land registration and property registration office are available, including AP land registration documents and deed information. using these services to obtain IGRS AP deed information.
Pay Andhra Pradesh Stamp Duty
There isn’t just one way to pay the stamp duty in the state of Andhra Pradesh. The stamp tax can be paid by using a franking machine or by turning in the stamp paper at the office. You can pay your stamp duty in the office with cash, a money order, a credit card, or even a debit card. You must pay the applicable fees at the facilities centre if you plan to use a franking machine. Applicants can find a list of stores where they can purchase stamp paper and franking supplies on the official website of IGRS AP. After selecting the Registration district from a drop-down menu on another page, you will be taken to a new web page where you can display a list.
Stamp duty in Andhra Pradesh by SHCIL
The state of Andhra Pradesh and SHCIL has a partnership for online stamp duty payment. Stock Holding Corporation of India Ltd. is owned by the government of India. It is in charge of electronic stamping in India. SHCIL is permitted by the RBI to procure and issue savings and relief bonds from nationalized banks. To utilize SHCIL to pay stamp duty online in Andhra Pradesh, simply follow the instructions below:
- Go to the official webpage. The homepage will show up.
- Select Andhra Pradesh from the homepage.
- When asked, enter your username and password.
- Once logged in, enter property information and pay fees with a debit/credit card, NEFT, or online banking.
- The SHCIL branches and Sub-registrar offices for Andhra Pradesh are also available for download.
AP Stamps & Registration Documents Required
- Picture of the purchaser and seller.
- For identification Voter id and Aadhaar card
- Original sale deed.
- The most recent property registration card was produced by the municipal Survey Department.
AP Stamps & Registration Procedure
- Check the cost of properties.
- Contrast the circular rate with actual prices. The higher of the two values will be stamp duty. Purchase non-judicial stamps from the government after the estimation.
- Bring all documentation to the satellite office. Based on the PDES data, the SRO creates a check slip.
- The officer next collects the applicants’ fingerprints and completes the E-KYC form. The Aadhaar database would also check the fingerprint.
- The applicant is responsible for paying stamp duty, registration fees, and any additional payments after the Aadhar Card checks are complete.
- After providing the parties with the document and having their thumbprints taken on it and, in the registry, the Registrar prints and registers the endorsements.
- After that, the scanned copy of the registered document is delivered to a server that the customer can access via the portal.
- If the verification is unsuccessful, the applicant must revise the application and resubmit it.
Stamp Duty Refund in AP
The longest period is six months in cases when Andhra Pradesh stamp duty is repaid. 10% of the total amount of stamp duty that is due is returned in the event of a petition within six months.
The District Collector/Sub-Collector/Deputy Collector/R.D.O./Tahsildar must receive a request, challan, and original bank receipt from the person requesting a stamp duty refund. The certificate will be issued by sub-registrars following receipt and challan verification. Less than 10% of the total stamp tax, the remaining amount is repaid by the S.R. certificate.
How to Find an AP Land Registration Documents
- Visit the duty portal and the official website of AP stamps.
- To learn more about AP land registration documents, go to the AP stamps and registration page and click “Document Details” under “Services.”
- You will be sent to the Registration Details website where you can conduct a document number, layout plot, or apartment search for the AP land registration deed details.
- When using a document number to check registration AP information, select “document number” from the drop-down menu.
- Select Sub-registrar office from the drop-down menu after selecting District.
- Next, enter the registration year and document number, then press the “Submit” button.
Factors Affecting Andhra Pradesh Stamp Duty and Registration Fees
The following list of important elements will help you determine how much stamp duty and registration fees you should expect to pay when registering property in Andhra Pradesh.
- Location of the Property: Depending on the property’s location, different fees apply for stamp duty and registration. For instance, compared to homes located elsewhere, the fees for properties within the city limits will be lower.
- Age of the Property Owner: Depending on the age of the property buyer, different stamp duty and registration fees apply. For instance, senior citizens will pay less than other property owners who are of average age.
- Gender of the Property Owner: Female property owners are given a special discount on Stamp Duty and Registration fees in several Indian states. For instance, the stamp duty rate for male property owners in Delhi is 6%. In contrast, female property owners receive a 2% discount, which means they only have to pay 4% in Stamp Duty and Registration fees.