West Bengal Joy Bangla Pension Scheme:- Each state’s government continuously implements new programs for its residents, whose advantages are open to all residents. One such program is the Jai Bangla Pension Scheme, established by the West Bengal government to aid all the underprivileged. All of the state’s financially vulnerable and needy citizens will receive the pension benefit through this program. Read below to get detailed information related to the WB Joy Bangla Pension Scheme like highlights, objectives, features and benefits, eligibility criteria, documents required, the application process, selection process, and much more
Table of Contents
WB Joy Bangla Pension Scheme 2023
On April 1, 2021, the government of West Bengal introduced the Jai Bangla Pension Scheme, whose benefits can be obtained by citizens by signing up online. The “Taposthali Bandhu Pension Yojana” for SC groups and the “WB Jai Johar Pension Scheme” for SC and ST communities, respectively, are the two categories into which the West Bengali government has separated this pension program. These socially and economically vulnerable individuals cannot care for themselves and are numerous in the state. The Joy Bangla Pension Scheme was established by the government to assist such individuals. This program will help a variety of castes and social groups. The beneficiary of the program will get a monthly financial support payment of Rs 1,000, which will be paid straight into the beneficiary’s bank account.
Jai Bangla Pension Scheme Details in Highlights
|Scheme Name||WB Joy Bangla Pension Scheme|
|Introduced By||Government of West Bengal|
|Beneficiaries||Citizens of the State|
|Objective||To provide pensions to eligible applicants|
|Benefits||1000 Rupees Per Month Pension|
WB Joy Bangla Pension Scheme Objective
The West Bengal government launched the Jai Bangla Pension Scheme intending to assist the state’s economically less fortunate residents. Under this program, recipients will receive financial support of Rs 1000 per month in their bank accounts. Any beneficiary who wishes to benefit from the Jai Bangla Pension may submit an online application for it. Eligible citizens will no longer be dependent on anybody else thanks to this program, and citizens will also become independent. Many old people like this are either mistreated or left helpless as they age. To help citizens live their life more comfortably with the aid amount, the government has launched the West Bengal Jai Bangla Pension scheme.
Joy Bangla Pension Scheme Benefits
Some of the key features and benefits of WB Joy Bangla Pension Scheme are as follows:
- Mamta Banerjee, the chief minister of West Bengal, has launched the Jai Bangla Pension Scheme, which would provide financial aid to those in need.
- The approved candidate will receive a monthly financial support payment of Rs 1,000 under the program
- The fact that this pension plan offers financial security to widows, who are elderly, disabled, or in other dire need is one of its key features.
- The state administration has not yet established the budget for carrying out the plan. The Finance Department would make the required budgetary arrangements, according to the Chief Minister.
- In this pension plan, the beneficiary will get the pension payment immediately into their bank account. This will increase openness in the way the plan is implemented.
- After this pension plan is successfully implemented, almost 20 lakh qualified candidates in the state of West Bengal would be able to get monthly financial support.
- In West Bengal, there are a lot of people like these who find it extremely difficult to maintain themselves because of their poor financial situation. These people would be able to benefit from this program
- When the applicant passes away, the nominee will be named as the new beneficiary and receive the pension payment.
- If the plan is implemented successfully, citizens will become independent and no longer need to rely on others.
- The authorities will take the appropriate steps and choose the pension amount in the case of the beneficiary’s death.
Rewards under WB Joy Bangla Pension Scheme
The following is a list of the benefits that will be offered to West Bengal residents:
- Each beneficiary of the Taposali Bandhu Pension Scheme will receive Rs. 600
- For the Jai Johar scheme, each beneficiary will receive 1000 rupees
Eligibility Criteria for WB Joy Bangla Pension Scheme
The eligibility criteria for WB Joy Bangla Pension Scheme are as follows:
- The candidate must reside permanently in the state of West Bengal
- The applicant cannot be older than 60 years
- The candidate must fall within the BPL category
- A candidate must be a member of a scheduled caste or scheduled tribe
- The candidate cannot be a member of any other West Bengal State pension plans
Beneficiary Selection Process for Joy Bangla Pension
- The responsible authorities will conduct the following selection process after you apply:-
- The BDO/SDO or Commissioner of KMC will properly verify the application forms.
- They will guarantee the applicants’ eligibility for the program.
- The BDO/SDO or Commissioner of KMC must digitalize and upload any relevant forms that were physically deposited into the State Portal.
- The District Magistrate will receive the names of the qualified individuals from the BDO and SDO in digital form via the State Portal.
- Then it will be sent to the Nodal Department by the District Magistrate.
- The Nodal Department will receive recommendations for qualified individuals from the Commissioner, KMC, via the State Portal.
- The pension will be approved by the Nodal Department.
- Through the WBIFMS site, the beneficiary’s bank account will receive the payment directly.
- WBIFMS will be connected with the State Portal to ensure smooth pension disbursement.
- On the first of every month, the pension will be approved
Documents Required for WB Joy Bangla Pension Scheme
The documents required for WB Joy Bangla Pension Scheme are as follows:
- Aadhaar Card
- Passport size photograph
- Caste Certificate
- Digital Certificate from Appropriate Authority
- Digital Ration Card
- Voter Id
- Residential Certificate (Self Declaration)
- Income Certificate (Self Declaration)
- Bank Pass Book
Steps to Apply for WB Joy Bangla Pension Scheme
To apply for WB Joy Bangla Pension Scheme, applicants need to follow the below-given steps:
- First of all, go to the official website of WB Joy Bangla Pension Scheme i.e., https://wb.gov.in/
- The homepage of the website will open on the screen
- Click on the West Bengal Bangla pension scheme registration link or get the application form from your nearby government offices
- The application form PDF will open on the screen
- Download the form and take out its printout
- Now, fill in the form with all the required details like beneficiary name, gender, DOB, age, father name, mother name, caste, etc.
- After that, attach all the required documents with the application form
- Finally, submit your filled application form to the below-given offices according to your area-
- The Block Development Ofﬁcer in case the applicant residing in rural areas
- Commissioner of Kolkata Municipal Corporation in cases the applicant residing in the Kolkata Municipal Corporation area.
- The Sub-Divisional Ofﬁcer in case of the applicant is residing in Municipal / Notiﬁed areas outside the areas of Kolkata Municipal Corporation
Things to Keep in Mind When Filling Out an Application Form
Applicants must keep the below-given things in mind while filling out an Application Form:
- Only use block letters to complete the application form with precise information.
- Don’t forget to complete the required columns.
- Applicants are required to attach a passport-size photo to their application.
- Only provide the document’s self-attested copy