Magalir Urimai Thogai Scheme:- Tamil Nadu government always put efforts into the welfare of the people of the state. Already, there are many government welfare schemes for the women, children, and EWS people of the state. By keeping in mind, the financial need of women of the state, the state government revealed மகளிர் உரிமை தொகை ஸ்செமே. According to Tamil Nadu’s Chief Minister Shri MK Stalin, soon the state government will be starting a financial assistance scheme for women of the state. It is expected that this scheme will prove beneficial for around 1 million women in Tamil Nadu state.
Table of Contents
Magalir Urimai Thogai Scheme 2023
According to the scheme, Rs 1000 will be given to the women of the state per month. The Tamil Nadu government decided to spend Rs. 7000 Crore for the successful implementation of the scheme. Individuals will be able to do registrations from September 15, 2023. With the help of the scheme, the women of the state will become financially empowered. Each female head of the family will be given financial assistance that they can use to fulfill their basic requirements. The financial assistance will be directly sent to the bank accounts of the beneficiary.
08th July Update:- Eligibility Criteria Released for Magalir Urimai Thogai Scheme
The eligibility requirements for women who are family heads have been released by the Tamil Nadu government. The DMK’s primary program, Magalir Urimai Thogai, or a monthly financial assistance program for women who are the head of households, received Rs 7000 crores in this year’s budget. The government has required that women head with a car, an annual household income of more than Rs 2.5 lakhs, electricity usage of more than 3,600 units, five acres of property, and/or being a member of assembly or parliament immediately disqualify them from receiving benefits from the scheme. The beneficiaries would be excluded based on one or more of the aforementioned criteria. The PDS shop where their ration cards are registered is where the ladies are asked to submit their applications for the program.
Details of மகளிர் உரிமை தொகை ஸ்செமே
|Name of the article||Magalir Urimai Thogai Scheme|
|Started by||Tamil Nadu government|
|Beneficiaries||Women of the state|
|Aim||To help women of the state financially.|
|Benefit||1000 Rs as financial assistance|
Objective of TN Magalir Urimai Thogai Scheme
The main aim of the state government to start this scheme is to support women of the state financially. Through this scheme, the Tamil Nadu government wants that every woman should have some amount to pay their daily expenses.
Benefits of Magalir Urimai Thogai Scheme in Tamil Nadu
- The standard of living of the females in the state will improve through this scheme.
- The Magalir Urimai Thogai Scheme will help to empower women of the state.
- With the help of the financial assistance received from the state government, the income of the women will improve.
- Now females of Tamil Nadu don’t have to depend on anyone for the finance.
- Financial assistance through the scheme will play a crucial role in poverty reduction.
- The program will contribute to gender equality and enable women’s economic participation. By promoting equal access to financial resources, this scheme will reduce the gender gap and economic disparities.
- With the help of the scheme, women will be able to take part equally in economic activities
- By providing financial support, the scheme will boost women’s self-esteem, confidence, and decision-making capabilities.
- Economic independence allows women to have greater control over their lives, and make independent choices.
Eligibility Criteria for Magalir Urimai Thogai Scheme
- It is necessary that women should belong to Tamil Nadu state.
- Only women head of the family is allowed to take benefit of the scheme.
- Federal or state government workers are not allowed to apply for this scheme.
- The scheme will include many categories like the elderly, disabled, widows, and single women.
Important Documents for மகளிர் உரிமை தொகை ஸ்செமே
- Aadhaar Card
- Mobile Number
- Domicile Certificate of Tamil Nadu
- Income Certificate
- Bank Account
- Ration Card
- Family Details
- Death Certificate of Husband (in case of Widow).
Procedure to Apply for Magalir Urimai Thogai Scheme
- Firstly, you have to visit the official website i.e https://www.tn.gov.in/
- You will land on the home page of the website.
- After that click on the Apply Online link on the home page.
- You will see an application form on the screen.
- Now, you have to fill out the form by entering all the asked details such as Name, Email ID, Mobile Number, Address, etc
- Next, upload all the asked documents.
- At last, click on the Submit option on the screen.