NMNF Portal:_ On Thursday, the National Mission on Natural Farming (NMNF) portal was inaugurated by Agriculture Minister Narendra Singh Tomar for the benefit of farmers. In this first steering committee meeting of the National Natural Farming Mission, the NMNF portal created by the agriculture ministry was unveiled. The development of natural farming has begun in the state as part of the Namami Gange Project. Every block has a target that must be met, and master training has been completed. Read below to get detailed information related to the NMNF Portal like highlights, objectives, features and benefits, registration process, and much more
Table of Contents
The portal has all the important information for farmers, such as the mission statement, implementation plan, resources, implementation status, farmer registration, blog, etc. According to a government release, this website would also contribute to the promotion of natural farming throughout the nation. With everyone’s help, the country’s mission of natural farming would be advanced. To make it easier for farmers to sell their goods, the minister instructed the officers to work with central agencies and state governments to promote market linkage. In attendance at the meeting were senior officials from various ministries, including Union Rural Development Minister Giriraj Singh, Jal Shakti Minister Gajendra Singh Shekhawat, Uttar Pradesh Agriculture Minister Surya Pratap Shahi, Union Agriculture Secretary Manoj Ahuja, and Ministers of Agriculture from various States.
National Mission on Natural Farming Details
|Portal Name||NMNF Portal|
|Full Name||National Mission on Natural Farming|
|Inaugurated by||Agriculture Minister Narendra Singh Tomar|
NMNF Portal Objective
Some of the key objectives of the NMNF Portal are as follows:
- To encourage alternative farming practices to reduce costs, be free from externally acquired inputs, and increase farmer revenue
- To spread awareness of integrated agriculture-animal husbandry strategies based on local supplies and the Indian cow.
- To gather, verify, and record Natural Farming methods used throughout the nation, as well as to promote farmer participation in future upscaling research
- To develop criteria, a certification process, and branding for natural farming goods for both domestic and foreign markets
- To carry out initiatives for natural farming promotion, demonstration, capacity building, and awareness raising
Benefits and Features NMNF Portal
Some of the key features and benefits of the NMNF Portal are as follows:
- According to the Jal Shakti Minister, his ministry has created a roadmap to encourage natural farming and has identified 75 Sahakar Ganga villages in the initial phase by signing an MoU with Sahkar Bharti.
- Farmers have also received training
- More than 4.78 lakh hectares of additional land have been brought under natural farming in 17 states starting in December 2021, and 7.33 lakh farmers have chosen to practice natural farming on their own.
- Approximately 23,000 initiatives have been set up to sanitize and train farmers.
- Natural farming is being practiced on 1.48 lakh hectares of land along the Ganges River in four states.
Steps to Register on NMNF Portal
To Register on NMNF Portal, the user needs to follow the below-given steps:
- First of all, go to the official website of the NMNF Portal
- The homepage of the website will open on the screen
- Now, under the Farmers corner, click on the Join Us option
- The registration form will open on the screen
- Now, fill in the form with all the required details like
- Father Name
- Aadhar No
- Mobile No.
- Total Area
- Proposed Natural Farming Area
- Live Stock Details, etc
- After that, click on the Submit button to complete the registration process