Savitribai Jyotirao Phule Fellowship for Single Girl Child 2024:- Research activity leading to the attainment of a Ph.D. degree is eligible for fellowship funding. A ‘single girl child’ i.e. the only girl child in the family without having any brother or sister can apply for the scheme. A girl scholar who is one of the twin daughters/fraternal daughters is also eligible to apply for the Savitribai Jyotirao Phule Fellowship scheme. If there are one or more sons and one or more daughters in a family, the girl child shall not be considered under Savitribai Jyotirao Phule Fellowship Scheme. Read below to learn more about the scheme.
Table of Contents
Savitribai Jyotirao Phule Fellowship For Single Girl Child 2024
- A scholar is only qualified to obtain one fellowship at a time, hence there is only one benefit. The scholar must certify that she is not currently receiving any other fellowships or scholarships from any other sources and that she will not accept or receive any other financial benefits from any other sources. In other words, a scholar who receives a fellowship from the UGC is not permitted to take any other fellowships or scholarships, occupy paid or unpaid positions, or get any remuneration from any other source (except a one-year academic leave).
- A scholar is not obliged to acquire NOC from UGC if she wants to apply for another fellowship, a paid assignment, or an exam while the fellowship is still in effect, but if she is chosen, she must present her resignation from the UGC fellowship.
- If a scholar is already receiving a scholarship or fellowship, she may continue to apply for the program as long as she discloses it in her application. If the scholar is chosen for the program, she must either renounce her prior scholarship, fellowship, or another financial benefit, or she must withdraw from consideration for the program.
- A scholar who does not finish her research during the fellowship time is not eligible to reapply under the program. A scholar who has previously received a Ph.D. fellowship in full or in part under any program is also ineligible for a fellowship under this program.
Jyotirao Phule Fellowship Eligibility Criteria
- Any parentless girl who is pursuing a Ph.D. in any field or field of study recognized by universities, colleges, and institutes can submit applications under the scheme.
- A single girl kid who has enrolled herself is eligible for the program in a regular, full-time doctoral program.
- Part-time/distance enrollment in a doctoral program is not covered by the plan. A researcher is not qualified for a fellowship if the study is meant for or pursued through open- or part-time distant learning.
- Female students up to the age of 40 in the general category, and up to the age of 45 in the PWD (Persons with Disabilities) and SC/ST/OBC (reserved categories) as on the last day for online application submission are qualified.
- Non-teaching Employees of Any Higher Education institution* and Central, State, and UT governments are not eligible for the program even whether they are on study leave or extra duty, for accepting the fellowship leave (EOL) to pursue a doctoral program.
- There is no fellowship available for pursuing an M.Phil.
Savitribai Jyotirao Phule Fellowship Objective
- To encourage single girls to pursue further education in the social sciences.
- To appreciate the need to adhere to the small family norm.
- To acknowledge the social norm of the single girl kid.
- To spread the idea that having a single girl kid is the norm.
- Promoting single girls in society
Savitribai Jyotirao Phule Fellowship Eligible Institutions
The scholarship provided by this program can be used to conduct research in only the institutions listed below:
- State and Central Universities covered by Section 2(f) of the UGC Act of 1956, and possessing current NAAC accreditation.
- Recognized as universities under Section 3 of the UGC Act of 1956 and possessing genuine NAAC accreditation
- Institutions that are fully sponsored by the central or state governments and confer degrees.
- Institutions of National Importance.
Savitribai Jyotirao Phule Fellowship TENURE
The fellowship’s five-year term will begin on April 1 of the selection year or the day that the recipient begins working at the university, college, or institute, whichever comes first. The fellowship will be awarded for five years or until the Ph.D. thesis is submitted, whichever comes first. No extension is allowed past the sum of five years, and the fellow loses their status as a UGC research fellow immediately after the required date has passed.
Savitribai Jyotirao Phule Fellowship Financial Assistance
The following financial aid is made available through the schemes:
|JRF @ Rs. 31,000/- p.m. for initial two years SRF @ Rs. 35,000/- p.m. for remaining tenure (subject to satisfactory progress of research work)
|For Humanities and Social Sciences @ Rs. 10,000/- p.a. for initial two years @ Rs. 20,500/- p.a. for remaining tenure For Science, Engineering and Technology @Rs.12,000/- p.a. for initial two years @Rs.25,000/- p.a. for remaining tenure
|Escort Reader Assistance
|@ Rs. 3,000/- p.m. in case of ‘Divyang’ scholars
Condition for Cancellation of Fellowship
The UGC reserves the authority to end any awardee’s fellowship in the following circumstances:
- If the scholar is determined to be ineligible for the fellowship at any moment during the fellowship’s length.
- If it is discovered that the fellowship was obtained or was claimed using fraudulent, incorrect, or misleading information.
- If the institution receives any unfavorable reports.
- Indiscretions, bad behavior, and corrupt actions.
- The research project’s lackluster progress.
- Violation of the guidelines’ terms and conditions.
- Any type of plagiarism or unethical behavior.
The scholar must be given a fair chance to argue their case before the fellowship is terminated or canceled.
If the fellowship is canceled or ended before the thesis is submitted, the UGC may start legal action to recoup the money paid to the scholar, plus interest.
Savitribai Jyotirao Phule Fellowship Joining
If the candidate does not begin the fellowship within three months of the date on the grant letter, the award will be deemed void.
- Proof of being a single girl child has to be submitted on an affidavit of Rs.100/-
- Stamp paper from the parents duly attested by SDM / First Class Magistrate /
- Tahsildar as per the prescribed proforma (Annexure I) at the time of filling out the online
- application. In case, the parents are not alive, the affidavit can be submitted by the guardian of the candidate.
Savitribai Jyotirao Phule Fellowship Application Procedure
Once a year, applications are requested online via advertisements in top publications and employment news. A brief announcement is also posted on the UGC website, www.ugc.ac.in.
The number of slots for the fellowship will be decided every year based on eligible applications complete in all respects, received through online mode.
There is no special or fixed medical support offered. However, the students may use the medical services offered by the relevant institutions.
The fellowship money will be paid out using DBT. The recipient of the award must go to her institution to link her ID to the UGC-Canara Bank Scholarship Portal.