Telangana Arogya Mahila Scheme:- On March 8th, International Women’s Day, Telangana’s Health Minister T Harish Rao introduced the Arogya Mahila women’s health initiative. As part of the initiative, women would undergo testing every Tuesday at first in 100 health centers, and they would also receive free medication. The women would be shifted to referral hospitals if additional medical attention was required. The launch event was attended by the BC welfare minister Gangula Kamalakar, the health commissioner Sweta Mohanty, the mayor of Karimnagar, Y. Sunil Rao, the collector, RV Karnan, and others. Read below to check the detailed information related to Telangana Arogya Mahila Scheme like Highlights, Objectives, Features, and Benefits, and much more.
Table of Contents
Telangana Arogya Mahila Scheme 2023
The Telangana government has started a new health initiative for women called Arogya Mahila to address women who have a variety of health problems. On the occasion of International Women’s Day, Telangana Health Minister T Harish Rao launched the program in Karimnagar and urged the women to take advantage of the services provided by the Arogya Mahila clinic. He also instructed ASHA employees and auxiliary nurse midwives (ANMs) to inform women about the clinics.
Rao reaffirmed that after the Sri Rama Navami festival, which would be observed later this month, a new program called Nutrition kit would be launched for the benefit of expectant women. The Medical and Health Department, however, received Rs 12,161 crore from the Telangana government in the Budget 2023–24 as opposed to Rs 11,237 crore the previous year. The distribution of KCR Nutritional Kits to all pregnant women in 33 districts is one of the significant initiatives that were launched.
12th Sept Update:- 100 new locations added for weekly special clinics for women
In order to support the crucial Arogya Mahila program, which was introduced by Chief Minister K Chandrashekhar Rao in March, the Telangana government on Thursday decided to add 100 new locations that will run the weekly special clinics for women. T Harish Rao, the health minister, gave officials instructions on Thursday to open the extra 100 clinics on September 12. The Arogya Mahila scheme is currently administered out of 272 facilities, but starting next Tuesday, there will be 372 additional centres. Every Tuesday of the week, Arogya Mahila clinics are held, and the state health agency is running a number of laboratory tests as part of early diagnosis.
Details of TS Arogya Mahila Scheme
|Name||Telangana Arogya Mahila Scheme|
|Initiated by||Telangana government|
|Introduced by||Health Minister T Harish Rao|
|Introduced on||8th March 2023|
|Objective||an effort to address women who have a variety of health problems|
Telangana Arogya Mahila Scheme Objective
40 to 50 percent of women reported having one or more health issues, according to a poll. Even when they have health issues, the majority of women avoid seeking medical attention for a variety of reasons, such as poverty, their hectic schedules at home, or a reluctance to visit male doctors in hospitals. The State government had begun a program called Arogya Mahila, which would offer eight different kinds of services to women, to treat those women.
Benefits and Features of the Telangana Arogya Mahila Scheme
Some of the key benefits and features of the Telangana Arogya Mahila Scheme are as follows:
- One of the National Urban Health Mission’s primary community initiatives is Mahila Arogya Samiti, also known as MAS (NUHM).
- Arogya Mahila, the State’s most recent project for women, was introduced on Wednesday at the Buttirajaram primary health center by Health Minister T Harish Rao.
- On International Women’s Day, the initiative was concurrently introduced in 100 hospitals throughout the State.
- It is an all-female group that was created by the community to raise awareness of issues that are pertinent to slums and settlements that resemble slums, such as social determinants, water, sanitation, health, hygiene, and nutrition.
- The designated clinics would only be accessible to women on Tuesdays.
- Also, on that day, certain clinics would exclusively have female staff members working there, including doctors, ANMs, lab technicians, and others.
- In addition to providing treatment, free testing, and medications will be provided.
- The ladies would be sent, if required, to the district headquarters hospital for additional care, such as surgeries and other procedures.
Telangana Arogya Mahila Scheme Application Process
To apply for the scheme, the government has not directed any online or offline application process yet. As soon as there is any process revealed by the government we will share you here.