Ama Odisha Nabin Odisha Scheme:- The State Government has modified the guidelines of the earlier intervention “Ama Gaon Ama Bikash” by giving it a new dimension in the form of “Ama Odisha Nabin Odisha” with an allocation of Rs 4000 crore, under the State Plan to make it effective from the Financial Year 2023-24 for taking up measures to augment rural infrastructure leading to accelerated growth as well as to Promote, Preserve and Protect Jagannath culture and tradition of the State. It will also lay stress on the empowerment of women, and youth and bridge the critical gap in primary education, digital, and sports facilities.
Additional facilities will be created for Mission Shakti groups at the gram panchayat level under the scheme. Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on Monday said the ‘Ama Odisha, Nabin Odisha’ scheme has the vision of a new Odisha, modern Odisha, and aspirational Odisha.
Table of Contents
Ama Odisha Nabin Odisha Scheme Highlights
|Scheme Name||Ama Odisha Nabin Odisha Scheme|
|Initiated by||Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik|
|Previous Name||Ama Gaon Ama Bikash’ scheme|
|Objective||Development of the state while retaining its essence, soul, and spirit.|
|Benefits||Development of infrastructure, human resources, and empowerment of women and youths apart from retaining the essence of Odisha’s unique Shree Jagannath culture.|
Ama Odisha Nabin Odisha Scheme Objective
The scheme aims at the development of the state while retaining its essence, soul, and spirit. All gram panchayats in each block will be benefited from the scheme which aims the development of infrastructure, human resources, and empowerment of women and youths apart from retaining the essence of Odisha’s unique Shree Jagannath culture.
Details of Ama Odisha Nabin Odisha Scheme
- The vision of the intervention is to transform Odisha into a modern and aspirational Odisha retaining the essence, soul, and spirit of Jagannath culture and spreading it over to the world.
- The main objective of the scheme is to provide missing links to the existing small and essential projects and the development of infrastructure.
- Improvement of infrastructure for primary education and also providing missing links to the existing development infrastructure, modernization, and expansion
- Creating additional facilities for Mission Shakti Groups at GP level construction.
- Bridging critical gaps at the GP level to improve rural areas by way of providing urban facilities.
- Development of sports facilities for the youth.
- Providing Banking Facilities
- Improvement of digital access in terms of mobile connectivity, optical fiber connectivity, WiFi, and internet connectivity
- There is a budget provision of Rs. 4000.00 crore under the scheme from the State Budget.
- The scheme will cover all Gram Panchayats in each Block of the State with the entitlement of Rs. 50.00 lakh.
- The project cost shall be between Rs. 2.50 lakh to Rs.10.00 lakh.
- The projects under the scheme shall be suggested/ recommended by local people/community organizations/public representatives and other stakeholders.
- The consolidated G.P. wise project list of the Block shall be submitted to PR & DW Department with the signatures of the Collector and President, ZillaParishad of the district for due examination and approval of the Government.
- The Panchayat Samiti shall execute the work departmentally following due to select any other procedure. The Collector shall be an authorized agency/agency for the execution of work.
- 9. Transparency measures such as a web-based MIS for monitoring the Scheme and a dedicated app for sharing photographs before, during, and after each project with GIS tagging shall be developed under the scheme.
Key Elements of Ama Odisha Nabin Odisha Scheme
- Infrastructure Development: The scheme aims to improve primary education infrastructure and fill the gaps in existing development projects by undertaking construction, modernization, and expansion works.
- Mission Shakti Groups: Additional facilities will be provided at the Gram Panchayat (GP) level to support Mission Shakti Groups, which empower women through self-help initiatives.
- Rural Urbanization: Critical gaps in rural areas will be addressed by providing urban facilities, thereby enhancing the quality of life for the residents.
- Sports Facilities: The scheme will focus on the development of sports facilities, fostering the growth and potential of the youth.
- Banking and Digital Access: Access to banking facilities and digital infrastructure, including mobile connectivity, optical fiber connectivity, WiFi, and internet connectivity, will be improved.