LAccMI Scheme:- The Odisha government has announced the launch of a new scheme called Location Accessible Multimodal Initiative (LAccMI) aimed at enhancing communication in rural areas of the state. The scheme is set to be inaugurated on August 15, Independence Day. Initially, it will be implemented in the undivided Koraput, Gajapati, and Kalahandi districts. Under the LAccMI scheme, the government plans to provide bus communication services from each gram panchayat to the block headquarters. In later stages, the scheme will also include communication through boats and other means of transport. The state government will deploy two buses in each block, with a total of 55 bus stands already constructed, and plans to build 70 more.
The Implementation of the scheme will be facilitated by the Odisha State Road Transport Corporation (OSRTC). To manage the bus stands, women self-help groups (SHGs) under the Mission Shakti department will be involved. The members of the SHGs will receive training from OSRTC for this purpose.
Table of Contents
Odisha LaccMI Scheme 2023
The LAccMI scheme is a significant step by the Odisha government to improve communication and connectivity in rural areas. It aims to enhance accessibility and promote socio-economic development in the selected districts. The launch of the scheme on Independence Day reflects the government’s commitment to empowering rural communities and bridging the communication gap.It has also been decided to extend the Helicopter Emergency Medical Service (HEMS) for transportation of accident patients, who need trauma care within the golden hour.
Odisha Location Accessible Multimodal Initiative Details in Highlights
|Scheme Name||Location Accessible Multimodal Initiative (LAccMI)|
|Implemented by||Odisha State Road Transport Corporation (OSRTC)|
|Objective||Enhancing communication in rural areas of the state.|
|Beneficiaries||Residents of the state|
|Start Date||15th August 2023|
Objective of Odisha LaccMI Scheme
The LAccMI scheme is a significant step by the Odisha government to improve communication and connectivity in rural areas. It aims to enhance accessibility and promote socio-economic development in the selected districts. The launch of the scheme on Independence Day reflects the government’s commitment to empowering rural communities and bridging the communication gap. For the project, an allocation of Rs 100 crore was established.
Budget Fixed For LaccMI scheme
This scheme was launched with 20 new programs in the 2023-2024 budget. For this government has set a budget of about Rs 7,202 crore, for which an allocation of Rs 100 crore has been fixed by the state government for the projects.
Odisha LaccMI Scheme Eligibility Criteria
- The applicant should be a permanent resident of Odisha state.
- Both male and female applicants can avail of benefits from this scheme.
- Only rural area citizens can avail of benefits from this scheme.
Documents Required to Apply
- Aadhar Card
- Mobile number
- Address proof
Features of Odisha Location Accessible Multimodal Initiative
- Odisha LaccMI Scheme has been launched by the Government of Odisha to improve the rural transport of the state, in the first phase of this scheme, the focus will be on connectivity at the block and district level by the state government.
- Through this scheme, a mobile bus service will be made available by the state government in each panchayat, so that all the citizens of rural areas can get the facility of transport at their place of residence.
- MO buses will travel between panchayats and blocks before eventually being integrated with intercity bus services.
- Apart from this, this scheme will be implemented in its first phase in the Koraput, Gajapati, and Kalahandi districts of the state.
- The first phase of this scheme will be launched on October 2 in the rural areas of Odisha state, which have very little access to public transport.
- Services will be provided to all rural areas of the state by January 2024 through the Location Accessible Multimodal Initiative Scheme.
- The duty of making a complete project report has been given to the Odisha State Road Transport Corporation (OSRTC) for the connection architecture of each gram panchayat and several collaboration opportunities.
- Apart from this, one month’s time has been provided by the government to the transport business to complete the project report, under this, as soon as the DPR is completed, after that the other procurement process can be started by the department.
Benefits of Odisha LaccMI Scheme
- Most of the public transport in rural areas of the state is provided by private bus companies, which operate around 500 buses on OSRTC 317 routes. Municipalities acting as district headquarters are extensively connected by these buses.
- For effective implementation and monitoring of LaccMI Scheme 2023, OSRTC has been urged to improve its capacity keeping in view the dynamism of the scheme, the scheme will be implemented by the government in two phases.
- The first phase of the scheme will be launched on October 2, Gandhi Jayanti, especially in the outlying areas of the state with poor or no public transport connectivity.
- It will be gradually expanded to all areas of the state by January 2024. Biju Gaon Gadi Yojana was established by the Odisha state government in 2014 to provide transport services to the residents of rural areas.
- Odisha LaccMI Scheme is being started by the state government for the smooth operation of this scheme, through this scheme, attention will be given to the rural areas of the state, in addition to this quick last-mile connectivity will also be provided.
- This ensures immediate transfer of road accident victims who require trauma care within the “golden hour”.
How to Apply for Odisha LaccMI Scheme
After the launch of the official website, you will be able to apply for the scheme. As soon as Government provides any additional information about this scheme, we will update you through this article.