The H1B Visa Lottery 2024 is a system that US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) uses a motive to select eligible and qualified individuals from the pool of candidates. The H1B Visa lottery is a process that happens every year in April. There is always a high demand for H1B visas. USCIS conducts an annual lottery to select the lucky individual who will be granted the visa. It can also be called a random selection process. The department selects the individuals at random from this pool as there is a cap on the total number of visas. After the lottery is over, the results will be made available on the USCIS website. The result is accepted in the first week of April as every year the results are announced on 1st April. The process of this lottery system is fully electronic.
Table of Contents
H1B Visa Lottery 2024
Every year, lakhs of individuals put effort to get a selection but the selection fully depends on luck as it is the lottery system. Candidates are only allowed to apply for H1B Visa only once a year. A candidate who wants to work in the US on an H1B Visa has to follow strict standards. The United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) has the responsibility to issue visas. The USCIS updates people regarding the progress of the visa lottery on its website. The total number of visas that can be issued is capped. The total number of H1B visas available each year is capped at 85,000, out of this 65,000 are reserved for a bachelor’s degree or higher, and 20,000 are reserved for a master’s degree or higher. The process of visa application needs a significant amount of time, money, and effort from interested people.
Details of H1B Visa Lottery 2024
|Name of the article||H1B Visa Lottery|
|Result announcement date||1st week of April(Expected)|
|In charge||US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)|
|Frequency of application||Once in a year|
Eligibility Criteria for H1B Visa Lottery
- The candidate must have a legitimate job offer from a US company ready to sponsor.
- An individual should have a minimum bachelor’s degree.
- It also required to have certification of their suitability for the position.
- The candidates have to provide evidence of their English language skills.
- A criminal background check of the applicant is compulsory.
- If the candidates have to apply for the H1B visa then it is necessary to have the permissions required to practice your profession. For example, to practice as a doctor, an applicant should possess the latest valid medical license from their home country. It is also required to have documentation from the US Department of Education or any specific professional licensing board.
- All the applicants have to pay an application fee to cover the costs of processing and reviewing their visa requests. The candidates should not forget to pay the fees if the fees are not paid then all applications will not be reviewed
H1B Visa Lottery Selection Process for FY 2024
- Firstly, the process of lottery selection will be started on the whole pool of H1B registrations in order to choose the applicants for the regular quota cap of 65,000.
- Now the non-selected US Masters’ quota registrations from the whole pool will be taken out. Then again, the lottery is conducted on them to choose the number of applicants for the US masters’ quota cap of 20,000.
- The applicants who are selected from the regular quota and master’s quota cap are informed by the authorities on time so that they can file the H1B petitions.
- Now the unselected registration will be kept in a reserve pool. The second-round or third-round lottery will be conducted if the selected applicants in the first round do not file sufficient petitions to complete the annual cap of 85,000.
H1B Lottery Process with Online Registration System
According to the new H1B registration process, employers have to provide basic information about applicants of H1B in an Online H1B Registration Tool. After the registrations are done, the system will generate a 19-digit Beneficiary Confirmation Number”. With the help of this number, internal tracking can be done. USCIS also used this number to run the H1B Lottery.
H-1B Visa Lottery Fees
|Fee||Responsible for Fee||Amount|
|Basic Filing Fee||Employer||$460|
|Premium Processing (optional)||Employer or Employee||$2,500|
|Public Law 114-113 Fee||Employer||$4,000|
|ACWIA Education and Training Fee||Employer||$750 (less than 25 employees) $1,500 (more than 25 employees)|
|USCIS Anti-Fraud Fee||Employer||$500|
How to Check H1B Visa Lottery Results 2024
- Firstly, visit the USCIS website i.e. https://www.uscis.gov/
- You will reach the homepage of the website.
- Then you have to click on the My Case Status option on the screen.
- You will see a new page on the screen.
- Enter your case number in the space given.
- Then you have to click on the Check Status button
- You will see the statement “The petition has been selected in the lottery” on the screen if your case number has been chosen.
- After that check Your I-797 Form
- Then use an H1B Tracker
- Check whether USCIS has Processed Your Fee Check
- At last, search for Your Receipt Number.