Karnataka Gruha Jyothi Yojana:- The government of Karnataka keeps on launching many schemes for the welfare of the state’s people. This time, the state government announced the Karnataka Gruha Jyothi Yojana for the residents of the state. The Karnataka government started this scheme with the aim to provide free electricity to the people of the state. According to this yojana, free electricity will be given who will consume 200 or fewer thanElectricity Units per month. Karnataka Gruha Jyothi Scheme will prove beneficial for thousands of people.
Table of Contents
Karnataka Gruha Jyothi Yojana 2023
The launch of this scheme is one of the promises that the Congress Party has done. The Congress Party promised that they will fulfill 5 promises that are Gruha Jyothi, Gruha Lakshmi Scheme, Uchita Prayana, Yuva Nidhi Scheme, and Anna Bhagya. It will be a major welfare scheme for the State. This scheme will be a big support for the households of Karnataka. It is necessary for the people of the state to have household electricity connections at home to take benefits of the scheme.
15th June Update:- Registration for Gruha Jyothi Scheme to start on 18 June 2023
The new registration date for the Gruha Jyothi scheme will be June 18, 2023. It is expected to receive 5-10 lakh applications every day under the scheme. The residents will start receiving the benefits of the scheme from August 1, 2023. It is necessary for an individual to register on the Seva Sindhu portal. If people will consume 200 units, then they will get a ‘zero bill’ from August 1 for the month of July. To do the registrations, it is required to have Aadhar cards and consumer account IDs.
06th June Update:- Tenants Eligible for Karnataka Gruha Jyoti Scheme
There is great news for the residents of Karnataka as new tenants in the state can take benefit from the ‘Gruha Jyoti’ scheme. On Tuesday, Karnataka Chief Minister Siddaramaiah announced that tenants are allowed for the scheme in which 200 units of free power will be given to residents from July 1. So, people who don’t have their own house and stay in rented accommodation also don’t have to pay electricity bills if they consume less than 200 units of power. This scheme is one of the promises of the congress that they are fulfilling now.
Details of Gruha Jyothi Scheme Karnataka
|Name of the article
|Karnataka Gruha Jyothi Yojana
|Government of Karnataka
|Residents of the state.
|Provide free electricity upto 200 units
|Will be updated soon
Objective of Karnataka Gruha Jyothi Yojana
The state government launched this scheme with the aim to provide a better way of living. Through this scheme, people will be able to save some money as they will receive free electricity up to 200 units.
Benefits of Karnataka Gruha Jyothi Yojana
- People of the state will be able to save money through this scheme.
- Residents of the entire state will be receiving the benefits of this yojana.
- It will provide relief from electricity bills.
- No amount will be taken if the individual consumes electricity less than 200 units per month.
- Through this scheme, the standard of living of the people will enhance.
Eligibility Criteria for Gruha Jyothi Yojana
- Only Karnataka people are allowed to receive the benefits of the scheme.
- Household Connections are permitted for the yojana.
- Only the citizens of Karnataka will get free electricity benefits.
- Household Connection is eligible for this scheme.
- An individual who consumes less than 200 units of electricity per month is eligible for the scheme.
- There are no restrictions related to the caste of the consumers, every consumer can eligible for the scheme.
Important Documents to Apply
- Electricity Bill
- Domicile Certificate
- Aadhaar Card
- Latest mobile Number
Procedure to Apply for Karnataka Gruha Jyothi Yojana
- There is no need to visit any government offices to take the benefits of the scheme.
- If you have consumed less than 200 units of electricity then Zero will be set to your meter reading.
- If any resident has consumed more than 200 units then the bill is generated and they have to pay.
- This process will be done every month