Chief Minister’s Health Insurance Scheme (CMHIS) for universal health insurance was introduced by Nagaland Chief Minister Neiphiu Rio on Friday 14 October. The program was introduced at the Chief Minister’s State Banquet Hall, CMRC, Kohima, with Chief Minister of Nagaland Neiphiu Rio as the special guest and CEO of National Health Authority, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Dr. R. S. Sharma, as the honorary guest. This scheme would be implemented in coordination with the federal Ayushman Bharat Program. Read below to get detailed information related to the Nagaland CM Health Insurance Scheme (CMHIS) like highlights, objectives, benefits, application process, and much more
Table of Contents
About Nagaland CM Health Insurance Scheme
Nagaland CM Health Insurance Scheme (CMHIS) is a state-specific welfare program for state people to have an assurance of better access to healthcare services than they had ever before. Additionally, it provides a chance for the state’s private hospitals to serve patients and get guaranteed compensation. Both CMHIS (EP) beneficiaries and CMHIS (General) recipients may receive care at hospitals across India that are accredited by Ayushman Bharat. The insurance partner is The Oriental Insurance Company Ltd, and for the first year of the program, the government would pay a premium of Rs 69 crore.
Nagaland will achieve universal health coverage after the CMHIS is launched, moving India closer to achieving its Sustainable Development Goal of ensuring everyone has access to healthcare. The CMHIS program was introduced in the NHA-IT platform, where around 12,000 hospitalizations were recorded. This system can record millions of healthcare system processes and is scalable and reliable. The CMHIS program will extend insurance benefits beyond those provided by the Prime Minister’s Ayushman Bharat program and will cover the entire State’s population.
Nagaland CMHIS Scheme Detals in Highlights
|Name||CM Health Insurance Scheme (CMHIS)|
|Introduced by||Nagaland Chief Minister Neiphiu Rio|
|Introduced on||Friday 14 October, at State Banquet Hall|
|Objective||to reduce healthcare access barriers and ease financial problems brought on by hospital costs|
CM Health Insurance Scheme Objective
The main objective of the Nagaland CM Health Insurance Scheme (CMHIS) is to reduce financial strains brought on by hospitalization costs and prevent people from being unable to obtain healthcare owing to cost barriers. It is a well-known reality that many families are thrown into poverty or experience tremendous hardship after spending money on medical treatment, and this program will stop such problems.
Categories of Nagaland CM Health Insurance Scheme
The program is divided into two categories:
- CMHIS Employees and Pensioners (EP)
- CMHIS General
CMHIS Employees and Pensioners (EP)
Employees of state PSUs and other autonomous organizations who are qualified for a monthly medical stipend or reimbursement, as well as their dependent family members, will fall under the CMHIS Employees and Pensioners (EP) category. Retirees, MLAs, former MLAs, and pensioners of state government are also included. This category has a floater insurance amount of Rs 20 lakh per family per year. Any additional costs incurred by government workers above the insured amount must be compensated on a case-by-case basis upon the State Medical Board’s approval.
All native-born and permanent residents of the state who are not recipients of Ayushman Bharat or any publicly-funded insurance program will fall under the CMHIS (General) category. Similar to Ayushman Bharat, the amount covered for this category will be Rs 5 lakh per household per year on a floating basis. Beneficiaries of the CMHIS (General) will be eligible for more than 1,950 medical and surgical packages. Benefits comparable to those available to central government employees under the Central Government Health Scheme would be available to CMHIS (EP) beneficiaries.
Benefits and Features of Nagaland CM Health Insurance Scheme (CMHIS)
Some of the key benefits and features of Nagaland CM Health Insurance Scheme (CMHIS) are as follows:
- This is the first time they are getting the chance to get impaneled and serve patients not only from the general public but also from government workers who are currently traveling outside the state for treatment
- All government hospitals in the state will be impaneled to provide in-patient care under the program.
- The hospitals can use the cash collected from the scheme to improve the delivery of health services in their particular facilities.
- The scheme’s policy document was also made public by the chief minister, along with the state beneficiary site and the start of the enrollment push.
Nagaland CM Health Insurance Scheme Online Registration Procedure
- To register for the scheme, the applicant has to visit the official website.
- The home page will be displayed.
- After that, you have to click on the register option from the homepage.
- A new page will be displayed on the screen.
- Now on this page, you have to click on the click here to register option if you are not already registered.
- After that, a new registration form will appear.
- Select a category from the options Govt or General Category.
- After that, follow the further process and enter the details.
- Now click on the register option.