PMJAY CSC:- The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi, launched the Jan Arogya Yojana, also known as the Pradhan Mantri Ayushman Bharat Yojana. This program, for which the creation of the PMJAY CSC Smart Card has begun, will cover around 10 crore, low-income families. When a person’s name appears on the Pradhan Mantri Ayushman Bharat Yojana List and their family is covered by the Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana, they are eligible to receive free treatment from hospitals that have been appointed by the Pradhan Mantri Ayushman Bharat Yojana up to a maximum of 5 lakh per year. This program is being expanded widely throughout the nation, to provide all Pradhan Mantri Ayushman Bharat Yojana (PMJAY CSC Smart Card)-related services to around 50 crore individuals. Read below to get the detailed information related to the PMJAY CSC Scheme like highlights, benefits, eligibility criteria, the application process, and much more
Table of Contents
A national public health insurance fund run by the Indian government called Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana intends to give low-income Indians free health insurance coverage. About half of the people in the country benefit from this program. Participants are allowed to receive primary care from their family physician under the program. When needed, PM-JAY offers free access to tertiary care for individuals who need hospitalization as well as secondary care for those who need specialized therapy.
The National Health Policy of the Indian government includes the means-tested scheme. In September 2018, the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare introduced it. Later, that ministry created the National Health Authority to oversee the program. It is a nationally supported program that receives equal funding from the federal and state governments. With a population of 50 crores (500 million), it is the largest government-sponsored healthcare system in the world. It is a means-tested program because the majority of its participants are low-income Indians.
PMJAY CSC Details in Highlights
|Launched By||Government of India|
|Introduced by||The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi|
|Beneficiaries||Low-Income Families in the Country|
|Objective||To Provide Health Insurance to the Needy People|
|Benefits||Free Treatment up to Rs 5 lakh|
PMJAY CSC Benefits
Some of the key benefits of the PMJAY CSC are as follows:
- The largest government-funded health insurance program in the world has been implemented by the central government.
- This program is open to all members of the family. It has no restrictions on age or gender.
- More than 10.74 million people can apply for benefits under this program and become eligible.
- After registering for PMJAY CSS, individuals receive coverage of up to 5 lakhs, which they can use to receive medical attention at one of the hospitals on the list.
- The PMJAY CSC scheme pays for practically all costs from three days before admission to the hospital for the next fifteen days.
- The same standard of care will be offered in all public hospitals as in private ones.
- A citizen may still apply under this program even if he or she is a beneficiary of the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana.
- The patient will receive all types of care following a full 15 days of inpatient therapy.
- All services, including medicine, room and board, surgeon fees, OT and ICU costs, etc., are covered by the Ayushman plan.
PMJAY CSC Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility requirements for candidates from both urban and rural areas under this program are as follows:-
For Rural Areas
The eligibility for rural areas is as follows:
- Families with no men between the ages of 16 and 59 are eligible
- Families having any disabled member and no able-bodied adult family member
- Those Families who are working as manual scavengers
- Primitive tribal groups
- Those households that lack properly designed rooms and walls that are made up of only one room
- Families without any household
- Families without land whose primary source of income is labor
- Those households struggling with acute poverty
- Legally released contracted labor
For Urban Areas
The following individuals who reside in urban areas will receive benefits from the program with insurance of INR 5 lacs per family:
- Rag Pickers
- Domestic workers
- Sweepers and sanitation workers
- Delivery boys, shop assistants, waiters
- Home-based helpers, workers, and tailors
- Cart/rickshaw pullers, helpers with heavy load workers
Documents Required for PMJAY CSC Registration
The following documents are required for the PMJAY CSC
- Aadhar card
- Ration card
- Birth Certificate
- Residence proof
- Bank passbook
- Driving license
Steps to Check Application Eligibility for PMJAY CSC
To check the Application Eligibility for the PMJAY CSC, applicants need to follow the below-given steps:
- First of all, go to the official website of the Ayushman Bharat Yojana – Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana
- The homepage of the website will open on the screen
- Click on the Am I Eligible tab
- A new page will open on the screen
- Enter your mobile number
- Now, enter the given captcha code
- After that, click on the Generate OTP button
- An OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number
- Enter the received OTP and you will be logged in to the PMJAY CSC portal
- Once you will be successfully logged in, you need to select your state
- After that various options will be given to check your eligibility like:
- HHD number
- Ration card number
- Mobile number
- Now, select any one of the above options and your eligibility for the PMJAY CSC will open on your screen
Steps for PMJAY Portal Setting in Chrome Browser
If you use the Google Chrome browser and run into the Biometric Device Fetching Biometric Device Information difficulty when trying to create an Ayushman Card Golden Card, you will need to set it up as follows:
- First of all, go to the URL bar of the Google Chrome browser
- Type in Chrome://flags
- The settings page of Chrome will open on the screen
- Now type Allow Invalid Certificate in the search key and press enter
- Once you will press the enter button, various options will display on your screen like:
- Chrome flags setting
- Chrome flags setting
- Enable the options
- Now you need to Relaunch your Google Chrome browser
- After that, refresh the page on which you were holding the golden card key
- Once you will refresh the page, now you will not face any problem