New Driving Licence Rules Check Online, State Wise Pdf Download, New RTO Rules (Changed) to Apply for Driving Licence in India
No longer will two-wheeler or four-wheeler drivers need to obtain their licenses from the Regional Transportation Office (RTO). It is a tremendous comfort for the common person that the Center has enacted new regulations that do not necessitate completing a driving test to receive a driving license. According to the Union Ministry of Roads and Motorways, the criteria for obtaining a driver’s license have changed, and the New Driving Licence Regulations went into effect on July 1st, 2022. After completing training, the government has granted authorized driver training facilities the power to issue DLs to qualified candidates, freeing them of the need to visit the RTO and wait in lengthy queues to obtain theirs. Read below to check the detailed information related to New Driving Licence Rules.
New Driving Licence Rules 2023
The New Driving Licence Rules developed by the Union Ministry of Road Transport should suit all new candidates. The Indian government attempted to put into effect the Driving License New Regulations 2022 to obtain a Driving Licence in India. The Central Government was also attempting to modify several laws. If they are successful, the New Driving Licence Regulations 2022 will go into force on July 1, 2022. In every state of India, the prerequisites for obtaining a new driver’s licence will be the same. On July 1st, 2022, the New Driving Licence Regulations 2022 and other rules for establishing a private driving school will take effect. According to the Regional Transportation Office’s official data, the Driving License New Regulations 2022 will apply to all 2 and 4-wheeled vehicles in India. Hence, passing a driving test is no longer required to get a licence to drive.
The management of the driver training facilities that would be supplying the document is the responsibility of the state transport authority or the central government. These centers will be good for five years before needing to be renewed.
New RTO Rules for Driving Licence Key Highlights
|Name||New Driving Licence Rules|
|Initiated by||Union Ministry of Roads and Motorways|
|Department Name||Regional Transportation Office (RTO)|
|Rules Applicable for||2 Wheeler and 4 Wheelers|
|Effect Date||1 – July – 2022|
Functions of New Driving Licence Rules
Individuals who want to obtain their driving licence must first enroll in a private driving school and then complete the driving exam that is administered there by the private instructors. If the applicant has passed the private driving test, they will be given a certificate, and after receiving the certificate, they may apply for a driving licence. The certificate produced by the training facility will serve as the basis for the driver’s licence that the RTO office will issue; no additional testing will be required. This action is being taken to support for-profit organizations that aid in driving instruction.
Benefits of New Driving Licence Rules
The documentation required to apply for a new driver’s licence has also been updated by the Union Ministry of Roads and Motorways. The Driving License New Regulations 2022 bring some positive news for 2- and 4-wheeler drivers. There is no physical examination required at the Regional Transportation Office under the Driving License New Regulations 2022, which is a convenience. Applying for a driving licence can be done online at parivahan.gov.in. The government asserts that this will help shorten the wait times at RTOs.
Driving License Types
In India, a wide variety of driving licences are being offered. The following information about the driver’s licence is available:
- Personal Vehicles Driving License Type
- MC 50CC: Bike with 55cc engine or less capacity
- MCWOG / FVG: Bike with any engine capacity but without gears: Scooter or Moped
- MC EX50CC: Vehicle with gear and 50CC or more capacity: Car and Bike.
- LMV-NT: Vehicle for transport use
- M / CYCL.WG: All Bike with and without gear
- Commercial Vehicle Driving License Type
- HMV: Heavy Motor Vehicles
- Trailer: Heavy Trailer License
- HGMV: Heavy Goods Motor Vehicle
- MGV: Medium Goods Vehicle
- HPMV / HTV: Heavy Transport motor vehicle or Heavy Transport Vehicle
- LMV: Bike, Van, Jeep, and Taxi
RTO’s New Training Center Regulations
You can review the guidelines below, along with several more that the Indian government introduced:
- If the training center is instructing people on two-wheelers, it must have a minimum of one acre of land, and if it is instructing people on four-wheelers, it must have two acres of land.
- The instructor must have passed the Transport Authority of India’s High-Quality Driving Track Test as part of their educational requirements.
- A High School certificate and five years of driving experience in driving schools and instructing are the minimal qualifications for the trainer.
- A minimum of 38 hours of driving time will be required for training with loaded vehicles, and the program should be finished in 6 weeks.
- The training will last 29 hours if you have a small vehicle, and it should be finished in 4 weeks.
- For two-wheelers, the theory portion will last 8 hours, while the practical portion will last 21 hours.
- To provide accurate information to all applicants, the training center’s information technology and other training methods need to be updated.
- There will be 8 hours of vehicle theory lessons and 31 hours of practical training.
Driving Licence Categories
Learning Licence: An applicant for a driving licence may first obtain a learning license while they are still learning the skills necessary to drive. To obtain this licence, you may do so as well. You must obtain this licence when you begin learning to drive a vehicle, whether it be a two-wheeler or a four-wheeler. When you master the art of driving, the department will issue you a permanent licence.
Permanent License: This licence is given to the applicant who shows up for and completes the authority’s driving test. The department will then issue you a permanent driving licence. Additionally, a person must be at least 18 years old to be granted this licence. Also, with the aid of this document, the applicant will be able to obtain a licence to operate a two- or four-wheeled vehicle, such as a car, motorbike, etc.
Steps to Check Driving Licence Status Online
To check the driving license status online, applicants need to follow the below-given steps:
- First of all, visit the official website of Parivahan Sewa i.e., https://parivahan.gov.in/parivahan/
- The homepage of the website will display on your screen
- Under the Online Services tab, click on the Driving Licence-Related Services
- A new page will open on the screen
- Now, select the State from where the service is to be taken
- The transport department page of the selected state will open on the screen
- Click on the Application Status option
- A new page will open on the screen
- Now, enter all the required details like Application Number, Date of Birth,
- After that, enter the Captcha code and click on the Submit button to check the status of your driving license