Odisha Nai Pahal Scheme:- The Odisha government has unveiled the brand-new Nai Pahal Scheme 2023 for newlyweds. Under this provision, the state government shall provide newlyweds with wedding kits. As part of population control efforts, the state government will introduce this new program to encourage newly wedded couples to engage in responsible family planning. Read below to check the detailed information related to Odisha Nai Pahal Scheme like Highlights, Objectives, Features and Benefits, Eligibility Criteria, Wedding Kits Details, How to Get a Wedding Kit, and much more.
Table of Contents
Odisha Nai Pahal Scheme 2023
The Central and State Governments are running a number of programs to educate the public about India’s rising population. The Odisha government has also launched a brand-new program called the Nai Pahal Scheme in this direction. Through this program, newlyweds in the state will learn about and be encouraged to use both temporary and long-term family planning strategies. Young married couples will be given shaadi kits as part of the state government’s population control initiatives under this scheme. This wedding package includes a brochure on family planning techniques and advantages, marriage license documents, condoms, and oral and emergency contraceptives. The state government of Odisha launched this scheme as part of the National Health Mission.
Details of Nai Pahal Scheme Odisha
|Name||Odisha Nai Pahal Scheme|
|Initiated By||Government of Odisha|
|Beneficiaries||Odisha State’s Newly Married Couple|
|Objective||Adopting a Good Family Planning|
Odisha Nai Pahal Scheme Objective
The primary goal of the scheme is to encourage and motivate newlywed couples to conduct their family planning by providing them with wedding kits that include condoms, oral contraceptives, and emergency contraceptives. This program represents a fresh approach to raising awareness among couples. The ideal course of action is to start family planning as soon as possible, since this will give you the necessary information about STDs, family planning, medical facilities, etc. Since Odisha was the first state to undertake family planning programs. In the past, bearing multiple children without competent guidance would result in economic disadvantage and poor development.
Features and Benefits of Odisha Nai Pahal Scheme
Some of the key features and benefits of the scheme are as follows:
- The Odisha government has launched the scheme, which encourages and informs newlywed couples in the state on family planning.
- This program educates newlyweds on the importance of using both temporary and long-term family planning strategies as part of population control efforts.
- The scheme, launched as part of the National Health Mission (NHM), includes this wedding kit as a key component.
- The newlyweds receive a “wedding kit” under this state government-instituted program as a gift of marriage.
- Dr. Bijay Panigrahi, Director of Family Planning, has informed us that Accredited Social Health Activists (ASHA) will begin distributing the kits in September of this year.
- In addition to other goods in this wedding kit, the brochure on family planning techniques and advantages, marriage licence forms, condoms, oral contraceptives, emergency contraceptives, and other materials are given to the benefiting couples.
- Other items in this box include a pregnancy test kit, towels, a comb, a bindi, a nail cutter, and a mirror.
- The state government has tasked Accredited Social Health Activists (ASHA) with the duty of providing this “wedding kit” to the newlyweds.
- Additionally, ASHA staff members are receiving training so they can effectively urge married couples to use family planning techniques through the scheme.
- Odisha is the first state in the nation to initiate the effort, despite having a low Total Fertility Rate (TFR), according to National Health Mission (NHM) State Mission Director Shalini Pandit.
Eligibility Criteria for Odisha Nai Pahal Scheme
The couples who want to get the benefits of the scheme must fulfill the following eligibility criteria:
- The couples must live in Odisha permanently
- Couples must be recently weds
- Boys should be over the age of 21, while girls should be over the age of 18
Wedding Kits Details
- A brochure detailing the advantages of family planning, marriage licenses, condoms, oral contraceptives, and emergency contraception will be included in this wedding package.
- In addition, this kit will include a home pregnancy test kit and bridal beauty supplies like a comb, bindi, nail cutter, mirror, handkerchief, and towel.
How to Get an Odisha Nai Pahal Wedding Kit
Accredited Social Health Activists (ASHAs) will provide wedding kits to newlywed couples in Odisha through the Odisha Nai Pahal Scheme 2023. The ASHAs will personally deliver wedding kits to newlyweds’ homes while also sharing useful information with them on family planning, various strategies, using the materials in the kit, and much more. The couples will start receiving this wedding kit in September. There is no set procedure for registering or completing the paperwork to receive the kit. It will be delivered right to your home.