Tamil Nadu Ennum Ezhuthum Scheme was launched by Chief Minister MK Stalin at Azhinjivakkam panchayat union middle school of Tiruvallur district. The main aim of the scheme is to fill the learning gap. The scheme will come into effect from the academic year 2022-23 and will be extended till 2024-25. Read the article below to know the complete details about the scheme like eligibility criteria, application procedure, benefits etc.
Tamil Nadu Ennum Ezhuthum Scheme
The Tamil Nadu government has implemented the Ennum Ezhuthum Scheme. Its goal is to improve the state’s educational situation. Students in grades 1 to 3 will receive workbooks as part of the program. It will help to close the education gap created by the Pandemic. Teachers have been told to provide interactive learning approaches in order to motivate their students. Students will be encouraged to read newspapers and books from the library on a regular basis by their schools.
TN Ennum Ezhuthum Scheme Highlights
|Name of the scheme||Tamil Nadu Ennum Ezhuthum Scheme|
|Launched by||Chief Minister M.K. Stalin|
|Objective of the scheme||The scheme ensures foundational literacy and numeracy|
|Beneficiaries||Classes 1 to 3|
Tamil Nadu Ennum Ezhuthum Scheme Objectives
- A scheme aimed at guaranteeing that all Tamil Nadu students under the age of eight can read with comprehension and perform basic arithmetic by 2025.
- The scheme assists the state’s children with their schooling.
- The scheme provides primary education to children properly and systematically to bridge the learning gap among students induced during the Covid lockdown
- The scheme was created with the goal of achieving basic literacy.
- The programme was created to mitigate the Pandemic’s harmful effects on the educational system.
- It aims at ensuring foundational literacy and numeracy.
- The government’s motto is “education for everyone,” and elementary education, in particular, required special attention because it served as the basis for children’s educational journeys.
- Several activities under this scheme will ensure that the student’s interest in learning increases
In order to apply for the Tamil Nadu government applicant should follow the following eligibility criteria:
- The applicant should belong to the state of Tamil Nadu.
- Children studying in classes 1 to 3 are eligible for this scheme.
Ennum Ezhuthum Scheme Features
- The scheme was launched by Chief Minister MK Stalin.
- A committee has been formed to draught the scheme’s syllabus, which will enable each student to build their individual skill set.
- “A total of 92,386 primary school teachers attended the session to express their views on the project. The plan was created based on their suggestions.
- Tamil, Mathematics, and English will all be taught to the children.
- By 2025, through the scheme, the government will be able to fill the learning gap.
- The scheme will come into effect from the academic year 2022-23, and will be extended till 2024-25 in order to fully equip government and government-aided students from Classes 1 to 3.
- The education department would offer workbooks to children in grades 1 to 3 as part of this program.
- Lessons are increasingly being constructed in the form of singing, dance, puppetry, storytelling, etc
- The scheme will benefit at least 16 lakh students in the State.
- The scheme will focus on English, Tamil, and Mathematics.
- A handbook has been prepared for teachers on how to guide students through the program.
Tamil Nadu Ennum Ezhuthum Scheme Application Procedure
Students who wish to apply for the scheme can apply through the official website. However, the government has not yet announced the website for the scheme. Once the government announces the official website, we will update it here.
For nearly a year and a half, schools were closed, preventing children from learning in classrooms. “Through this programme, the learning gap will decrease.
Tamil Nadu’s Chief Minister
No, class 1 to 3 students can apply for the scheme.