Udyogini Scheme:- For their welfare and growth, the Indian government and women entrepreneurs created the Udyogini program. The Udyogini Yojana is in place thanks to the Women Development Corporation of India. By providing women with financial assistance for establishing a business, this program promotes and motivates women’s entrepreneurship among the impoverished. Udyogini Scheme for Women Entrepreneurs encourages national growth while helping to increase household and individual income levels. Read below to check the detailed information related to the Udyogini Scheme like Highlights, Objectives, Features, Eligibility Criteria, Required Documents, List of Supported Businesses, Application Procedures, and much more.
Table of Contents
Udyogini Scheme for Women Entrepreneurs 2024
For the benefit and development of Indian women entrepreneurs, the government and women entrepreneurs have launched this program. By giving women financial support to start businesses, this program promotes and motivates female entrepreneurship among the underprivileged. Women living in rural and underdeveloped areas are primarily supported and funded by this program. Udyogini Schemes improve family and individual income while also promoting national development. Without prejudice or discrimination, interest-free loans are provided to women from all facets of society.
Additionally, banks provide interest-free loans to female farmers who run their own businesses. The Udyogini Scheme is strongly backed by the Karnataka State Women’s Development Corporation (KSWDC), Punjab and Sind Bank, Saraswat Bank, and numerous other private and public sector banks. In addition to offering financial assistance, this program focuses on organizing and delivering professional development training programs for women.
Udyogini Scheme Details in Highlights
|Government and Women Entrepreneurs in India
|Government of India’s Women Development
|Up to Rs. 3 lakh Maximum
|Competitive, subsidized, or free for special cases
|Annual Family Income
|Rs. 1.5 lakh or less
Udyogini Scheme Objective
The state of Karnataka’s principal objective in putting this program into place is to assist women in becoming self-sufficient by launching their own businesses and microenterprises and prevent them from borrowing money for the same at exorbitant interest rates from moneylenders. In addition to offering financial aid, it also intends to offer skill-building programs.
Features of Udyogini Scheme for Women Entrepreneurs
Some of the key features of Udyogini Scheme are as follows:
- Encouraging female borrowers to obtain loans from banks and other financial institutions in order to begin their careers as wage earners
- Make financial help more accessible to women who belong to special groups like SC/ST or others.
- To provide interest-free loans to qualified women recipients without any bias or discrimination
- Make sure the female recipients of EDP Training develop their talents.
- Stop women from borrowing money from private lenders or other financial institutions at exorbitant interest rates.
Eligibility Criteria for Udyogini Scheme
The applicants applying for Udyogini Scheme must fulfill the following eligibility criteria:
- The applicant must be female.
- The current income restriction is Rs. 1.5 Lakhs, up from the previous maximum of Rs. 40,000.
- The age range for women who are eligible now ranges from 18 to 55, up from the original restriction of 45 years for women.
- A candidate with a high credit score who is able to make payments
- Loans for businesses are only available to women entrepreneurs
Some of the important documents required for Udyogini Scheme are as follows:
- Duly filled Application Form
- Passport size photographs
- Applicant’s Aadhaar Card
- Birth Certificate
- Applicant’s Below Poverty Line (BPL) card & Ration Card
- Address and Income Proof
- Copy of Bank passbook (account, bank and branch names, holder name, IFSC, and MICR)
- Caste Certificate, if applicable
- Any other document required by the bank/NBFC
Udyogini Scheme List of Supported Businesses
The table below lists the supported businesses under the Udyogini Scheme:
|Book Binding And Note Books Manufacturing
|Fax Paper Manufacturing
|Leaf Cups Manufacturing
|Edible Oil Shop
|Shops & Establishments
|Audio & Video Cassette Parlour
|Sari & Embroidery Works
|Shikakai Powder Manufacturing
|Dry Fish Trade
|Banana Tender Leaf
|Match Box Manufacturing
|Silk Thread Manufacturing
|Bottle Cap Manufacturing
|Old Paper Marts
|Soap Oil, Soap Powder & Detergent Cake Manufacturing
|Cane & Bamboo Articles Manufacturing
|Bedsheet & Towel Manufacturing
|Newspaper, Weekly & Monthly Magazine Vending
|Nylon Button Manufacturing
|Silk Worm Rearing
|Phenyl & Naphthalene Ball Manufacturing
|Canteen & Catering
|Pan Leaf or Chewing Leaf Shop
|Chalk Crayon Manufacturing
|Pan & Cigarette Shop
|Corrugated Box Manufacturing
|Ice Cream Parlour
|Cotton Thread Manufacturing
|Radio & TV Servicing Stations
|Vegetable & Fruit Vending
|Plastic Articles Trade
|Coffee & Tea Powder
|Jam, Jelly & Pickles Manufacturing
|Household Articles Retail
|Printing & Dyeing of Clothes
|Readymade Garments Trade
|Cut Piece Cloth Trade
|Job Typing & Photocopying Service
|Dairy & Poultry Related Trade
|Jute Carpet Manufacturing
|Real Estate Agency
|Woollen Garments Manufacturing
|Quilt & Bed Manufacturing
|Ragi Powder Shop
Application Procedure for Udyogini Scheme
To proceed with the appropriate bank requirements, applicants to this scheme or Yojana must visit the nearest bank with all the required papers and complete an application form. Candidates also have the option of applying for a loan online by visiting the official websites of the banks that provide loans under the Udyogini program.