The Amma Two Wheeler Scheme is a scheme launched by the Tamil Nadu government for the development of women in the state. Under this scheme, women will be provided with two-wheelers at a subsidized rate so that they can commute easily and without any hassle. This scheme will benefit a large number of women as it will help them to save time and money on their daily commute.
Working women who want to buy a two-wheeler can get a 50% subsidy of up to 25,000 under the scheme. The remaining costs must be covered by the applicant, either through a bank or institutional loan or their own cash. Only gearless or auto-gear two-wheelers are covered by the Amma Two-Wheeler Scheme, which is expected to help 100,000 women in India each year. The key motivation for implementing the system is the ease with which women would be able to travel because they will have easy access to vehicles such as scooters or bicycles, depending on their preferences. Physically challenged women would also be permitted to ride on retrofitted three-wheeler scooters.
Table of Contents
Amma Two Wheeler Scheme 2023
AmmaTwo wheeler scheme is an initiative of the state govt. to make women economically independent and self-confident. Amma Two Wheeler Scheme was specifically launched for “Women Empowerment” in the Tamil Nadu state. Under this scheme, all the women having an annual income of less than Rs. 2.50 lakhs were able to get a maximum of 50% or Rs. 25000 subsidies on the purchase of bikes, scooters, and mopeds. The remaining amount was to be borne by the beneficiary through bank loans or other means. One female member in a family could apply for this Amma Two Wheeler Scheme. TN state govt. had previously rolled out this scheme on 24 February 2018.
The Amma Two Wheeler Scooter Scheme was launched in the state by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on the 75th anniversary of former Chief Minister Jayalalitha. Access to vehicles such as scooters or bicycles as per their wish, as well as special retro-fitted three-wheeler scooters, will be made available for physically challenged women so that working women will no longer have to face any kind of hassle. Now any woman can go out to sell any product through her two-wheeler so that they can also do their business.
Highlights of TN Amma Two Wheeler Scheme
|Name of the scheme||Amma Two Wheeler Scheme|
|Launched by||Government of Tamil Nadu state|
|Age||Between 18 and 40 years old|
|Annual Income||Below ₹2.5 lakh|
|Objective||Empowering working women by enabling them to buy two-wheelers for ease of commuting to their place of work.|
|Amount of Assistance||Rs. 25,000/- or 50% Cost of Vehicle, Whichever is Less.|
|State||Empowering working women by enabling them to buy two wheelers for ease of commuting to their place of work.|
|Beneficiaries||Empowering working women by enabling them to buy two-wheelers for ease of commuting to their place of work.|
Benefits Of Amma Two Wheeler Scheme
There are many benefits to the Amma two-wheeler scheme. Some of the benefits of the scheme are mentioned below in the following list:-
- Through the scheme, there will be 1 lakh ladies to profit every year.
- Appropriation of half of the expense of the bike or Rs.25,000, whichever is lower will be provided.
- There is an availability of a free reserve from the government for the acquisition of the Amma bike
- The appropriation is to be straightforwardly credited to the recipient’s financial balance.
- PwD ladies can be profited by the retro-fitted three-wheeler bike.
- The ladies can profit from bank advance for the rest of the sum or pay through their own assets
The following women are eligible to apply for the Amma two-wheeler scheme:-
- Women who are actively engaged individually or collectively as a group for a livelihood wage or activity employment.
- Women who are commuting long distances.
- Their earnings are the primary source of income for the family.
- Women who are registered as workers in the organized and unorganized sectors.
- Women are employed in establishments and shops.
- Self-employed women who are engaged in petty trades.
- Women who are either on daily wages, consolidated salary, on contract employment in Government Aided Organizations, private institutions, government projects or community-based organizations such as-
- Panchayat Level Federations
- Village Poverty Reduction Committees.
- ASHA workers and Banking correspondents/Banking Facilitators.
- Priority will be given to working women who are-
- Residing in remote areas or hilly regions
- Differently Abled
- Unmarried aged above 35 years
- Household heads
There are some specifications that are finalized by the concerned authorities for the vehicle that needs to be purchased to avail of the benefits of the scheme:-
- The maximum engine capacity must be 125cc
- The vehicle should be eligible to be registered under the Motor Vehicles Act of 1988.
- The vehicle should have been manufactured after 01.01.2018 and 2 comply with the latest emission norms.
- Details of all the vehicles provided under this scheme will be collated/gathered by the Project Director (PD), Tamilnadu State Rural Livelihoods Mission (TNSRLM) of the respective District.
- The details will also be shared with the Transport department which shall not permit a change in registration of ownership due to sale or other considerations without the prior permission of the PD, TNSRLM for a period of 3 years.
Reservation Under Amma Two Wheeler Scheme
Under the Amma two-wheeler scheme there are also some reservations made for the fewer fortunate women of the society as given below:-
|Schedule Caste (SC)||21%|
|Scheduled Tribes (ST)||1%|
|Differently-Abled||4% (All Categories|
Amma Two Wheeler Scheme Eligibility Criteria
The applicant must follow the following eligibility criteria while applying for the Amma two-wheeler scheme:-
- The age of the applicant must not exceed 40 years of age
- The age of the applicant must not be below 18 years
- The applicant must have passed the class 8th examination by a recognized college or school in the Tamilnadu district
- The applicant must have a working two-wheeler driving license issued by the concerned authorities
- The annual income of the family must not exceed rupees 250000
Documents Required to Apply
The following documents are required while applying for the Amma two-wheeler scheme:-
- Proof of age (Date of Birth)
- Proof of Residence (EPIC card/DL/Aadhar Card/Utility bills in the applicant’s name)
- A driving Licence or Learner’s Licence Registration (LLR) is issued by the competent authority.
- Income certificate issued by the employer or should be self-attested.
- Proof of employment issued by the Employer/Organization/Project Head/Society in case of salaried or wage employment.
- Aadhaar card.
- Proof of educational qualification or appearance of 8th standard exam (SSLC, Transfer Certificate, etc.).
- Passport-size photograph.
- Proof to establish your membership of the priority category, wherever applicable.
- Community certificate (in case of SC or ST)
- Differently-abled ID issued by the competent authority.
- Invoice quotation or Proforma Invoice of the vehicle.
Amma Two Wheeler Scheme Online Application Procedure
The applicant must follow the following application procedure to apply for the Amma two-wheeler scheme:-
- First of all, you can also visit the official website of the scheme to download the application forms
- You can also collect it free of cost available at all Block Offices, Urban Local Body Offices, and the Collectorates.
- The direct link to download the application form is given below-
- Urban – Click Here
- Rural – Click Here
- Download the application form
- Fill in the details of the application form
- Attach all of the documents which are mentioned above
- Submit it to the respective Block Offices or Urban Local Body Offices in person or you can post it through Speed or Registered Post.
- A unique application number will be provided to you
- Keep it safe for future
- First of all click on the link and download the subsidy form on your device
- Enter the application number
- Enter your personal details
- Enter the vehicle registration details and bank details
- Finally, sign the subsidy claim form
- Make sure that you get the signature of the bank manager or the finance company along with the seal or stamp.
- Application Form – Rural
- Application Form – Urban
- Field Verification Form
- Subsidy Claim Form
- Official Website