Anna Bhagya Scheme:- On Monday 10th July, Chief Minister Siddaramaiah launched the Direct Beneficiary Transfer (DBT) for beneficiaries under the Anna Bhagya scheme. Under the scheme, Congress had promised to provide 10 kg of rice for free to BPL families every month — 5 kg each from the Centre and the state. According to the party, each recipient of the present Anna Bhagya scheme’s 5 kg of rice will now receive 10 kg of free rice. This follows the party’s pledge to provide 200 free power units per month under Gruha Jyothi Yojana and Rs 2,000 per month for housewives under the Gruha Lakshmi Scheme if it wins the next state elections.
Table of Contents
Karnataka Anna Bhagya Scheme 2023
The Government of Karnataka has implemented the Anna Bhagya scheme i.e. free rice distribution scheme for the citizens of the state. Through this scheme, rice will be distributed free of cost to the poor families of the state so that no poor person in the state remains hungry. Money for the scheme would be directly deposited into the accounts of beneficiaries. Of the 10 kg rice, five kg was given by the Centre to the BPL families but the Congress wanted to give an additional five kg.
However, due to the non-availability of rice, the state government decided to pay money to each beneficiary every month at the rate of 34 per kg up to five kg. Low-income families across Karnataka will begin to receive money directly into their accounts instead of 5 kg of rice that the state has been unable to procure under its Anna Bhagya Yojana. Every beneficiary will receive the amount within 15 days, said Food and civil supplies minister KH Muniyappa. Every below-poverty-line (BPL) person’s account will be credited with Rs170 per month, going by the Food Corporation of India’s standard rate of Rs 34 per kg of rice.
Karnataka Anna Bhagya Yojana Details
|Karnataka Anna Bhagya Scheme
|10 Kg of Rice per Person per Month
|BPL i.e., Below the Poverty Line and Anna Antyodaya Card Category Families of Karnataka
Karnataka Anna Bhagya Scheme Objective
The main objective of the Karnataka Anna Bhagya Scheme started by the state government is to provide food facilities to all needy and eligible citizens.
Benefits & Features of Anna Bhagya Scheme
- The Karnataka Anna Bhagya Scheme has recently been started by the Congress party.
- Through this scheme, rice will be given free of charge to all eligible citizens every month.
- All those citizens who are living their lives below the poverty line Will be able to make some improvements in their financial condition.
- Citizens will be able to become self-reliant and capable by taking advantage of this scheme.
Eligibility Criteria for Anna Bhagya Yojana Karnataka
To get the benefits of this scheme, the applicant must be a permanent resident of the state of Karnataka applicant must have a BPL card or Anna AntyodayacaBasedons of this only he can get the benefit of the scheme.
Required Documents to Apply
- Aadhar Card
- Mobile Number
- Residence Proof
- Domicile Certificate
- BPL Card/ Antyodaya Anna Card
How to Apply Online for Anna Bhagya Scheme Karnataka 2023?
- All interested applicants in the state are not required to submit any kind of application form for the Karnataka Anna Bhagya Yojana.
- For this, you have to go to the local ration shop with your BPL card.
- By going there, you will get 10 kg of rice per person every month by showing your ration card.
- Let us tell you that other information related to the scheme will also be provided by the state government as soon as the Karnataka government gives any information related to the scheme. We will inform you through our article.