Karnataka Shakti Scheme:- On 11th June 2023, the Chief Minister of Karnataka Mr Siddaramaiah has officially launched the Karnataka Shakti scheme that provides free travel to women of the state. The Chief Minister at the launching ceremony provided free bus tickets to the women of the state as a conductor. The scheme is one of the fall promises of the Congress party during the election contest. To avail of the benefit of the scheme, the women applicant must have a Shakti smart card. Further information related to the Karnataka Shakti Yojana has been mentioned below in this article, kindly go through it.
Table of Contents
Karnataka Shakti Scheme 2023
The Karnataka government started enforcing the Shakti scheme, which offers free transportation for women in state-owned buses, on June 11. However, there are several requirements for implementation, including the allocation of 50% of seats for men, according to news agency PTI. One of the five electoral assurances that would be put into place after the Congress came to power in the area was its promise to offer free transit for women on state-owned buses.
Karnataka Shakti Yojana Details
|Name of the scheme||Karnataka Shakti Scheme|
|Objective||provides women with free bus rides|
|Beneficiaries||women of Karnataka|
Features & Benefits of Karnataka Shakti Scheme
Some of the key features and benefits of the Karnataka Shakti Scheme are as follows:
- The people who qualify for this program’s advantages are only allowed to travel inside their own state; they are not allowed to use the free fare services for interstate buses.
- The Rajahamsa, Non-AC sleeper, Vajra, Vayu Vajra, Airavat, Airavat Club Class, Airavat Gold Class, Ambari, Ambari Dream Class, Ambari Utsav Fly Bus, and EV Power Plus are among the sumptuous buses excluded from the program.
- People may use the program on buses operated by the Bangalore Metropolitan Transport Corporation (BMTC), Karnataka State Road Transport Corporation (KSRTC), North West Karnataka Road Transport Corporation (NWKRTC), and Kalyana Karnataka Road Transport Corporation (KKRTC), according to a government announcement.
- In addition to the BMTC, the other three state road transport agencies, KSRTC, NWKRTC, and KKRTC, will reserve 50% of their seats for males.
- In accordance with the directive, road transport businesses will be compensated based on the actual mileage that female passengers have traveled.
Eligibility Criteria for Karnataka Shakti Scheme
The applicants applying for Karnataka Shakti Scheme must fulfill the following eligibility criteria:
- According to the instruction, beneficiaries must be citizens of Karnataka in order to qualify for the program.
- Along with women, transgender people are also entitled to benefits under the Shakti program.
Buses in which Shakti Scheme will be implemented
The Government in its order said that this scheme will be implemented in all four transport corporations in the state, namely Karnataka State Road Transportation Corporation (KSRTC), Bengaluru Metropolitan Transportation Corporation (BMTC), NorthWest Road Transportation Corporation (NWRTC) and Kalyana Karnataka Road Transportation Corporation (KKRTC).
The ‘Shakti’ scheme will be implemented on buses belonging to these four transportation corporations plying within the state. The free bus pass scheme will also be applicable in Meghdoot buses.
Buses in Shakti Scheme will not be implemented
Following are the buses where the ‘Shakti’ scheme will not be implemented
- Buses traveling outside the state
- luxury buses
- Sleeper buses including both AC and non-AC
- Vayu Vajra
- fly bus
- EV Power Plus (AC)
Karnataka Shakti Scheme Online Application Process
To apply for the scheme, the applicant needs to have a Shakti smart card. The process to apply for a Shakti Smart Card has been described below.
- Go to the official website of the Seva Sindhu Portal.
- The homepage of the website will be displayed on the screen.
- Now from the homepage, go to Apply for Shakti Smart Card option.
- A new page will open o the screen.
- Enter the login details if you are already registered or click on the New User Register Here.
- Enter the registration details and get yourself registered successfully.
- Log in with the detail and click on the Shakti Smart Card option.
- Enter the details in the application form and click on the submit option.