Karnataka Namo Sthree Yojana:- On the occasion of International Women’s Day, Chief Minister Basavaraj Bommai introduced the “Stree Samarthya Namo Stree Yojana” to encourage women’s self-help groups (SHGs). The Yojana has been given a budget of Rs. 500 crores, while Rs. 100 crore has been granted for 9,890 SHGs. Read below to check the detailed information related to Karnataka Namo Sthree Yojana like Highlights, Objectives, Features and Benefits, Registration Process, and much more
Table of Contents
Karnataka Namo Sthree Yojana 2023
To establish three industrial units and 15 product manufacturing units in each district as part of the yojana, 50,000 associations have been identified. This is the first installment of the 500 crores special community capital fund that he had previously proposed in the State budget for 2022–23. The remaining funding will be delivered in the following weeks, and women’s self-help groups will start operating in April as part of the National Rural Livelihood Mission. Under the plan, 50,000 self-help groups will receive 50,000 each in the amount of 500 crores. Currently, 100 crores have been distributed to 9,890 self-help organizations (for 1 lakh each) and 44 manufacturing units (for 2.5 lakhs each), including 11 canteens, 9 sanitary pad units, and 24 toffee production units.
Details of Stree Samarthya Namo Stree Scheme Karnataka
|Name||Karnataka Namo Sthree Yojana|
|Introduced by||Chief Minister Basavaraj Bommai|
|Introduced on||International Women’s Day|
|Objective||To encourage women’s self-help groups (SHGs).|
|Budget||Rs. 500 crore|
Karnataka Namo Sthree Yojana Objective
Funds have been granted by the state government for entrepreneurship support, skill development, and opportunity creation for women. They will be given training and interest-free financing. By 2026, the Karnataka Digital Economy Mission (KDEM) wants to employ five lakh women. KDEM has agreed to seven memoranda of understanding with businesses to increase the capabilities of women in the workforce.
Features and Benefits of Karnataka Namo Sthree Yojana
Some of the key features and benefits of Stree Samarthya Namo Stree Scheme are as follows:
- To give women jobs, facilities to produce castor oil, jam, pottery, chips, and other goods would be set up.
- The Bengaluru Metropolitan Transport Corporation (BMTC) gave women free bus rides in honor of International Women’s Day.
- Women crew members worked on several South Western Railway trains and other services. To prevent cervical cancer, Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike organized a vaccination push for females between the ages of 12 and 14.
- All interested parties agreed that chances for women’s empowerment were essential to foster an inclusive culture and ultimately an equal playing field for both sexes. To reduce the gender skill gap, leaders of the state’s Women@Work initiative emphasized the importance of building ecosystems in academia and business.
- The “Unpause Initiative” walkathon was organized in the city by Ujjivan Small Finance Bank to encourage women employees to return to work after a break. For the benefit of female business owners, moms of special needs children, and artisans, specific projects were started.
Stree Samarthya Namo Stree Scheme Eligibility
- The applicant must be a permanent resident of Karnataka.
- Only the women applicant from the self-help groups are eligible to apply for the
Karnataka Namo Sthree Yojana Registration Process
The official website and the registration process of Karnataka Namo Sthree Yojana have not been revealed yet. Once the concerned officials reveal the official website and registration process, we will update you through this post.