MSRTC Free Travel Scheme:- The Maharashtra State Road Transport Corporation has launched MSRTC Free Travel Scheme, passengers over the age of 75 will travel on free-on-board buses. Anyone qualified for this free travel program would receive a fare refund if they had purchased their tickets before August 26. However, this service is only offered for trips inside the state and is not available for MSRTC’s city buses. If you want to know more about MSRTC Free Travel Scheme then you have to read this article till the end.
Table of Contents
MSRTC Free Travel Scheme
Beginning this Friday, residents over 75 can ride Maharashtra’s buses for free. The Maharashtra State Road Transport Corporation published a statement regarding this (MSRTC). Shekhar Channe, vice chairman, and general manager of the state-run transportation organization is quoted by the MSRDC as saying that customers qualified for this free travel program will receive a fare refund if they purchased their tickets before August 26. Eknath Shinde, the chief minister, and Devendra Fadnavis, the deputy chief minister, announced the new facility a few days ago in the state Assembly. This facility is not available for MSRTC’s city buses and will be for journeys within state limits. Click to check more about ” Pradhan Mantri Vaya Vandana Yojana “
Maharashtra Free Travel Scheme Details
|Scheme Name||Maharashtra Free Travel Scheme|
|Launch By||CM of Maharashtra, Eknath Shinde,|
|Launch Date||August 25, 2022|
|Benefits||Discount in Fair of Busses|
|Objectives||Financial Help to Elder citizens|
|Beneficiaries||Citizens of Maharashtra State Only|
Maharashtra Free Travel Program Objectives
The Maharashtra Free Travel State program was created by the state government primarily to provide financial assistance to older residents of the state. The state government has set up a transportation plan for older people who are unable to work since the epidemic and issues akin to inflation have made it difficult for them to make money. Click to check more about ” CIDCO Lottery ”
MSRTC Free Travel Scheme Benefits
- It said that passengers between the ages of 65 and 75 would receive a 50% discount on ticket prices for all bus services run by the venture.
- According to the release, identifying credentials like an Aadhaar card, PAN card, driver’s license, voter’s card, etc. can be used to access the free travel service. The facility will only be available for trips inside the boundaries of the state and will not be available for MSRTC’s city buses.
- Before the Covid-19 outbreak hit in March 2020, MSRTC’s fleet of more than 16,000 buses carried close to 65 lakh passengers daily.
- Ages 65 to 75 will receive a 50% ticket fare discount on a few specific types of bus services run by the enterprise, according to the MSRTC.
An applicant must possess the following qualifying points to be qualified to receive the advantages of this scheme:
- Must be an Indian national and a resident of Maharashtra state.
- Must be between the ages of 65 and 75.
- only permitted to utilize MSRTC buses.
- Only inside the boundaries of the state can travel a bus.
- An Aadhaar card,
- PAN card, a driver’s license, a voter’s card, etc.
How to Avail Services Under MSRTC Free Travel Scheme
A person must first present their identification documents, which may include, among other things, an Aadhaar card, a PAN card, a driver’s license, or a voter’s card, to be eligible for the benefits of the transit system. After that elderly passengers will receive a discount on their bus price after presenting documents. The MSRTC city buses would also not have access to this facility, and it would only be open to those traveling within the boundaries of the state.