West Bengal Free Tablet Scheme:- Under a new program introduced by West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on December 3rd, free tablets will be given to schoolchildren in the state of West Bengal. We will provide you with all the specifics of the free tablet program the West Bengal state chief minister announced for the year 2023 in this article today. We shall discuss the West Bengal Free Tablet Scheme 2023 eligibility requirements, educational standards, and other specifics. Additionally, we will walk you through every step of the application process for the free tablet program. To learn about all the modifications, be sure to read the article through to the end.
Table of Contents
West Bengal Free Tablet Scheme 2023
The West Bengal government is giving away free tablets to almost 9.5 lakh pupils enrolled in the state’s various institutions because education is one of the most negatively impacted departments by the coronavirus pandemic. Students in various West Bengal State government schools who are currently enrolled in class 12 will receive free tablets as part of this program so they can continue their education online. Additionally, free tablets will be provided for pupils attending government-sponsored schools and madrasas. Additionally, it is said that computers would be installed in every secondary school to enable online learning.
WB Free Tablet Scheme Details
|Name||West Bengal Free Tablet Scheme 2023|
|Launched by||Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee|
|Objective||Providing free tablets|
|Beneficiary||Class 12th students of Government schools, Government Aided schools, and madrasas in West Bengal State|
West Bengal Free Tablet Scheme Objective
The scheme’s principal goal is to offer online education to all students who cannot otherwise afford it due to financial constraints. Many more advantages are being offered to the locals by West Bengal State’s Chief Minister. The government intends to issue a number of expansion plans to certain leading IT corporations in West Bengal State due to the impending assembly elections. Additionally, the government presented 20 bids to establish IT offices in Bengal’s silicon valley center. To offer West Bengal State inhabitants with IT amenities, a 3000 crore investment will be made.
West Bengal Free Tablet Scheme Benefits
Under this program, which was introduced by the Chief Minister of West Bengal, the applicants will receive a number of perks. In this plan, roughly 9.5 lakh pupils would be getting free tablets.
- The facility would house 36000 government and government-aided secondary schools.
- The benefits of this program will be made available to 14,000 higher secondary schools and more than 600 madrasas.
- Students will be given lifetime access to the tabs, and with these resources, they will be able to continue their studies all the way until graduation.
- Additionally, starting in the approaching month of January, the Chief Minister will offer State Government employees a different dearness allowance.
The State Government has also planned to provide a variety of varied chances to the citizens of West Bengal state including: –
- West Bengal’s information technology (IT) businesses have grown by 133% during the past eight years.
- Exports of IT have increased by 175 percent.
- The State Government approved 20 proposals for the construction of information technology (IT) offices at the Bengal Silicon Valley Hub on December 1 for an estimated expenditure of Rs 3000 crore.
- 9000 IT specialists would be directly employed by these.
- More than 1500 IT businesses currently have offices in West Bengal, including Tata Consultancy Services, Wipro, Infosys, Cognizant, and IBM.
- There are over 2.1 lakh IT professionals in the state.
- Bharti Airtel Extra Data has proposed spending Rs 350 crore, and Wipro has a Rs 500 crore expansion plan in the state.
- From the current 44,000 employees, Tata Consultancy Services anticipates hiring 61,000 more people.
- Additionally anticipated growth is Cognizant Technology Solutions.
- ITC Infotech is virtually finished with its project in New Town, where it will employ about 3000 IT specialists.
- By July, the state’s intended software development hub will begin to take shape thanks to the IT services giant Infosys.
- 50 acres of land have been given to Infosys.
West Bengal Free Tablet Scheme Eligibility Requirements
The following qualifying requirements must be met in order to apply for the program:-
- The candidate must be a West Bengal State resident.
- A candidate must be enrolled in a government school, a school that is government-aided, or a madrasah.
- The applicant must be enrolled in 12th grade.
- The applicant’s total annual income cannot be more than two lakh rupees.
- The candidate must have passed all prior exams.
West Bengal Free Tablet Scheme Application Process
There isn’t currently a public website for the West Bengal Free Tablet Scheme 2023, which was introduced by Mamta Banerjee, the state’s chief minister. As soon as the portal is operational, we will keep you updated via this website. Please stick with us in the future if you want to learn more about the Scheme. We’ll update you with all the details regularly.