Karunya Arogya Suraksha Padhathi:- The health care program in Kerala known as Karunya Arogya Suraksha Padhathi (KASP) is comparable to the Ayushman Bharat Yojana at the federal level. For secondary and tertiary care hospitalization, the Karunya Health Scheme seeks to provide a health cover of Rs. 5 lakhs per family per year. More than 42 lakh low-income and vulnerable families or roughly 64 lakh beneficiaries representing the bottom 40% of Kerala’s population will be covered by the KASP health insurance program. Read below to get detailed information related to the Karunya Health Insurance Scheme like objectives, features, benefits, eligibility criteria, documents required, registration process, and much more
Table of Contents
Karunya Arogya Suraksha Padhathi Scheme KASP 2023
The cost of treatment will increase in India due to medical advancements, which may include infrastructure, facilities, hospitalization, pharmaceuticals, and other expenses. To help those who lack access to healthcare, the Indian government has developed several health insurance programs. The Kerala Government developed the Karunya Health Insurance Scheme as one of these programs to provide affordable, high-quality healthcare to the underprivileged sector of society. The UDF government started this large-scale health insurance project in 2012 to give the needed advantages to disadvantaged or low-income members of society. This insurance program is funded by the Kerala Lottery, and the money is sent right to the network hospitals to provide a settlement.
Karunya Health Insurance Scheme Objective
This plan’s main objective was to give impoverished people with serious illnesses access to health insurance. Each family registered in this program is eligible to receive Rs. 5 lakh each year. The medical coverage for secondary and tertiary care hospitalization is this amount.
Karunya Arogya Suraksha Padhathi Features
Some of the key features of the Karunya Health Insurance Scheme KASP are as follows:
- The government provides whole funding for the Karunya Health Scheme.
- It offers coverage for secondary and tertiary care hospitalization at both public and private impaneled hospitals totaling Rs. 5 lakhs per family per year.
- At the hospital, Karunya Health Insurance Scheme offers the beneficiary cashless access to medical services.
- There are no limitations on the number of children, age, or gender.
- Up to 3 days of pre-hospitalization and 15 days of post-hospitalization costs, including medical tests and medications, are covered.
- Every pre-existing condition is covered right away.
- Karunya Health Insurance Scheme wants to reduce the likelihood of catastrophic medical costs.
- The scheme’s advantages are transferable throughout the nation; a recipient may visit any public or private hospital in India that has been accredited to receive cashless care.
- Healthcare services provided by public hospitals are paid for on par with those provided by private hospitals.
- Approximately 1,573 procedures are included in the services, which comprise all treatment-related expenses such as medications, equipment, diagnostic services, physician fees, accommodation and board, surgical fees, OT and ICU fees, etc.
Karunya Arogya Suraksha Padhathi Benefits
- Benefits coverage under various government-funded health insurance programs in India has always been capped at an annual amount ranging from Rs. 30,000 to Rs. 3,000,000 per family across several states, which has led to a disjointed system.
- For the specified secondary and tertiary care problems, KASP offers each qualified family each annul a cashless benefit of up to Rs. 5,00,000 per annum.
- The following costs related to the treatment are all covered by the scheme’s insurance.
- Medical examination, treatment, and consultation
- Medicine and medical consumables
- Accommodation benefits
- Non-intensive and intensive care services
- Diagnostic and laboratory investigations
- Post-hospitalization follow-up care for up to 15 days
- Medical implantation services (where necessary)
- Complications arising during treatment
List of Critical Illnesses covered by KASP
The lists of critical illnesses covered by the Karunya Arogya Suraksha Padhathi scheme are as follows:
- Heart diseases
- Liver surgery
- Acute respiratory illness
- Kidney diseases
- Palliative Care
- Brain surgery
- Transplant surgeries
Karunya Arogya Suraksha Padhathi Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for KASP Scheme are as follows:
- The applicant must be a resident of Kerala.
- Families in APL or BPL who make less than Rs. 3 lakh annually are eligible.
- At the time of enrollment, a candidate must be able to present both an income certificate and an Aadhaar card.
- Passport-size photo
- Aadhaar card or Voter ID card
- Income Certificate
- BPL Card
- Documents with residential details
- A copy of your ration card
Steps to Register for Karunya Arogya Suraksha Padhathi
To register for Insurance Scheme, applicants need to follow the below-given steps:
- First of all, go to the official website of Karunya Kerala
- The homepage of the website will open on the screen
- Click on the Apply button
- The application form PDF will open on the screen
- Download the PDF file and then take out its printout
- Now, fill in the form with all the required documents
- After that attach all the required documents to the form
- Finally submit the form to the concerned department
For any other query related to the Health Insurance Scheme KASP, feel free to contact us at the below-given details:
- Address: State Health Agency Kerala (SHA), 5th and 8th Floor, Artech Meenakshi Plaza, Opposite Government Women And Children’s Hospital, Thycaud, Thiruvananthapuram, 695 014
- Phone Number: 0471 4063121,
- Contact Number: 0471 4063121, 1056
- E-mail Id: firstname.lastname@example.org