Karnataka Gig Workers Insurance Scheme:- The Karnataka government on Friday announced an insurance scheme with a cover of Rs 4 lakh for gig workers across the state. Gig workers serving as delivery persons in e-commerce companies will get an insurance facility of Rs four lakh, Chief Minister Siddaramaiah said in his budget speech in the Legislative Assembly on Friday. The amount will comprise Rs two lakh as life insurance and Rs two lakh as accident insurance.
Table of Contents
Karnataka Gig Workers Insurance Scheme 2024
In order to provide social security to the ‘gig workers’ in the unorganized sector, ie, employed as full-time or part-time delivery personnel in e-commerce companies like Swiggy, Zomato, Amazon, etc, an insurance facility of a total of Rs four lakh will be provided. This move aligns with the promises made by the Congress party in their election manifesto, which included the establishment of a ‘Gig Workers’ Welfare Board’ for Karnataka. The manifesto emphasized the allocation of a seed fund of INR 3,000 crore to support gig workers. If Congress comes to power, they plan to introduce a transparent policy to improve employment opportunities and conditions for gig workers.
Karnataka Gig Workers Insurance Scheme Details
|Gig Workers Insurance Scheme
|Chief Minister Siddaramaiah
|7th July, 2023
|E Commerce Company Delivery persons
|Accident Insurance Amount
|2 lakh per Year
|Life Insurance Amount
|2 Lakh per Year
|Total Insurance Amount
|4 Lakh per Year
Objective of Karnataka Gig Workers Insurance Scheme
The main objective of this scheme is to provide insurance benefits to gig workers. These delivery persons work continuously so that we can get everything delivered at home, they work instead of in rainy and hot summer seasons. This scheme provides them with Insurance facilities in the form of both Accidents as well as life insurance.
Benefits and Features of Karnataka Gig Workers Insurance Scheme
- It doesn’t matter if you are a full-time or part-time delivery person, it won’t stop you from getting benefits from this scheme
- You can get insurance of Rs. 2 lakh for Accident Insurance and another 2 lakh insurance for Life insurance.
- The total insurance amount will be 4 lakh
- You don’t have to pay any premium for getting insurance coverage.
- Because Karnataka State Government will pay your premium for an entire year.
- Accident + Life Insurance Scheme will be very helpful to the Gig Workers in the Karnataka State.
Eligibility Criteria for Gig Workers Insurance Scheme
- The candidate should be a permanent resident of Karnataka
- Those who are working as delivery men in an e-commerce company are eligible. i.e. Zomato, Swiggy, Flipkart, Snapdeal, Amazon etc.
- Applicants working both full-time and part-time are eligible
Documents for Claiming Insurance
- Aadhaar Card of the Applicant
- Domicile Certificate
- Death Certificate (If Applicable)
- Doctor Prescription (In case of Accident)
- Bank Account Details
- Mobile Number
- E Commerce Company ID
- Passport Size Photograph
How to Claim Insurance under Karnataka Gig Workers Insurance Scheme
State Government will update soon on how you can claim Insurance of Accident. As soon as Government provide any update and guidelines, At that time we will update this article for you. So you can apply online for the scheme in Karnataka.